Hey Android Mondonauts have you alredy Linked your MonzoCard to your Transport for London Account, leaving that old blue oyster NFC Card home?
Well … I did it and it was …piece of cake! (My dad would have made it too!
Follow these veeeery easy steps:
First of all be sure you are reding this post from your Android (not a junkie iPhone! )
[EDIT: In order to stop an incredible flame coming up, I felt more appropriate to change the above sentence, as considered “misleading” and somehow offensive by posters here below. My apology…]
First of all be sure you are reding this post from ANY phone: we don’t want to hurt feelings of i-Phone owners, right?
PS: With "junkie ohone I was joking, OK!?! ]
Take your MonzoCard and place it on a flat surface
Open Chrome web browser [Edit: Safari, too] and access your TfL account via the official page https://account.tfl.gov.uk/Login
You will see this page: click on the Navigation bar
4. Select “Contactless” from the Menu
5. Then go to “My Contactless cards” section (even if you don’t have one yet)
6. There you are: if you never registered any card, this is what you should see.
Click on "Add a contacless …"
- You’ll have to fill this form:
TRICK: when you click on “Card Number” field you’ll understand why at Step 1.0 I told you to "place the Monzo (or “old” Mondo) card on a flat surface: the web page, instead of manually typing all the data, will propose the “Scan a new card” feature, but you can still decide to type on your own.
You’ll be asked to “Line up your card with the frame” and it will automatically fill your data (excpect for the CVV code, as it’s on the back)
Then scroll down filing the missing data and proceed.
- If everything is OK you should notice this on your MonzoApp balance page:
- If you double click on “Transport for London” you’ll notice the link with Transport for London (automatically in Category Transport), followed by the trips recap.
See? I told you it was a piece of cake!
Feel free to share here your experiences and suggestions to make Monzo even more effective in accompanying in you every day life.
Android App beta tester