First Direct chat

What way is that? Amex notifications work just like any push notification (e.g. Monzo).

They also push card payments so they show in the iOS wallet app along with Apple Pay payments one of the only ones I know to have implemented this

3 Likes

Yes, so you have to turn one of them off with Amex. I turned off the wallet notifications.

2 Likes

Starling pushes to Wallet too, and advises in its app to switch off the Wallet notifications for the Starling card, if you don’t want to receive duplicated notifications.

1 Like

They never use to use show transactions in Apple wallet it has been a long time since I have used my starling card

1 Like

If AMEX do ala Monzo (instant) then no. You get them for chat notifications but that’s it.

“Coming soon” since Jan, apparently

1 Like

Doesn’t every card do this? I’m sure Monzo transactions appeared in wallet. My Barclays one do.

Or are you talking about something different?

EDIT: Today I learned it was possible to see all transactions by card even if not done via Apple Pay for some banks in wallet (I
Literally didn’t know this was a thing!)

Anyway yes FD do this, Barclays too

2 Likes

Other ones catching on as before it was only AMEX that did is

3 Likes

Barclays and FD don’t do it for me :thinking: They only show transactions I only sued Apply Pay for.

Sorry, you’re correct. It shows as “first direct debit debit card” which I thought was because it was the actual card but double clicking they all say that and it only captures the Apple Pay ones

1 Like

And the apps down. Completely stopped as has I understand HSBC. I didn’t realise they shared the same systems - always thought FD was owned by HSBC but with its own tech stack.

1 Like
2 Likes

All is back to normal.

1 Like

Not for me it appears. Chucked me out, asks for my password and when I enter it I get this.

Will have to ring tomorrow I think

1 Like

Same, getting a “something’s not right with our system” error.

2 Likes

My app still seems broke.

Yeah I got that. I think they must be bringing things slowly back up which makes sense.

Anyway, I finally managed to reset and login, to get this.

I then got the option to view balances which seems like the basic web rip ported into the app with reduced functionality.

These things happen I guess.

Still can’t really get in and it appears to have disabled faceID cos I have to enter my digital secure key each and every time

It was definitely working when I posted but seems to have gone wild again. Ah well.

1 Like

I’m back in now. Probably just load testing systems as they come back up I’d imagine.

Will be interesting to see what caused it, quite a significant outage by the sounds (cards not working, staff not having systems, payments failing etc).

Imagine being in the pub and having your card down, a case for a backup account I think.

If it was that widespread, I’d hazard a guess at DNS or core network infrastructure.

But yes, this is why I have spare cards (credit rather than debit) and one on Visa one on Mastercard, just to cover all basis.

3 Likes