First Direct chat

Not at all. It is a current account, so money goes in and out all the time.

The T&C of the offer, which I am sure you have read, would tell if you that was not the case :smile:

3 Likes

I’d probably leave in it a little while, FD can be a little twitchy if it suddenly moves again and might fraud flag it

1 Like

No. But moving funds in and out pretty quick can cause a delay and a quick call to fraud to resolve.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I’ll just leave it until the £175 goes in. I’m going to start using the account anyway as I really like it, even got the gold Credit Card so I can ditch my Zopa.

2 Likes

Cool. It’s actually quite nice to use day to day, I have found it a nice happy medium.

1 Like

Will mostly use the CC to be fair, petrol and stuff over £100, always pay off in full but it’s nice to have 17 months 0% on purchases as well if i need it.

2 Likes

Nice. Let us know over on the card design thread if first direct has updated the credit card design yet.

5 Likes

Will do, the Apple Pay version looks a bit weird with the text and I was surprised it’s a Visa since the debit card is Mastercard!

2 Likes

Transferred my 1k back out of FD, hope a full day was long enough. :laughing:

1 Like

Other half left his in less than an hour and still got paid :rofl:

2 Likes

I got the message in app saying switch complete dated 27th so then sent the 1k over, sent it back this morning so can’t see why I wouldn’t get my bribe. :laughing:

Is it just me or do you not get any kind of notification when you get messages in the app?

EDIT: By messages I mean “Documents”

Nope, they just sneak in

1 Like

I’m surprised you thought you might – it is first direct we’re talking about :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

They do ask for notification access and you do get them when a chat message is received so I would’ve also thought you might have got them for new docs etc.

I’m actually quite enjoying FD currently, it is a little limited but it covers the important stuff well

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying FD, just waiting on my credit card in the post. If I could be bothered I’d set up a joint account with my Mrs and move over from Starling but I honestly have no issue with Starling as our joint account so seems pointless.

1 Like

I love the simplicity of fd.

I’m waiting for notifications to work properly and then will move my personal bills over to it and have salary paid into it.

Edit: removed about chat notifications not working as they seem to be working now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve just got done moving my personal bills over from my personal starling account, so now I’m currently just using Starling for joint and FD for personal.

Can’t stop checking for my £175 to appear. :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m not entirely sure how FD thought “faking” instant notifications by using the apple wallet ones would work out but to no one’s surprise it’s hot in the comments.

“You’ve been saying they’re coming soon since Jan tho” etc etc.

1 Like

Aye they need to hurry up with them :pray:t3:

Do their instant notifications maybe work the way that Amex’s does?