If I was in London, I’d be there with bells on!

Look forward to it reaching us poor village folk :wink:

1 Like

Is there any plan to issue replacement cards once they are ready to those of us who have the standard design without the “joint” indicator?

1 Like
2 Likes

I won’t be adding my salary to the JA. How do I get rid of this?

7 Likes

Web access needs an update so that you can see the joint account on there as well. In general the web access also needs the ability to make payments out - its great that you can freeze your card but if it leaves you stranded with no cash then its no good, at least if you can transfer to another account and withdraw then you should be good.

4 Likes

It would be good to get two profile pictures when transferring money (from your personal Monzo account) to the joint account, rather than just your own initials.

Whenever I click “statement history” it opens the screen and imediately goes back to the profile page. Works fine on sole account but never works for joint account

Statements also fail to load on Android, but then a month hasn’t passed yet. At least Android shows an error screen:

Screenshot_Monzo_20180711-064202

2 Likes

Statements via summary work, just not via settings.
The statements in summary do show your name in bold, then the other person’s name underneath in normal font weight.

2 Likes

Enjoying using these cards so far. My partner used his joint card by mistake on a TFL bus today - he has not yet registered it on the TFL site. The transaction was accepted and listed under our joint account. Is this a glitch - it saves us a TFL registration process so we like it.

I don’t think you need to register a card with TfL to use it. You can register it after the event, though, which can be helpful in case of issues down the line (or journey histories etc).

2 Likes

This is correct. The last few times I’ve been into London, I’ve just whipped out the contactless and had not needed to register beforehand. It would be majorly inconvenient to require pre-registration.

3 Likes

Sorry if already reported but when switching to the joint account in the selector, my personal account balance was shown top left. Took a fair amount of switching tabs, killing / restarting the app to actually reflect my true joint account balance.

Cheers, had to read through most of this thread to find the answer to this! Hopefully this isn’t the final implementation as it’s not particularly intuitive!

It’s not. They are already looking at changing it based on feedback

3 Likes

I’m hoping they will add available balance to the account selection view. Seems a bit OTT to have to select accounts just to view their balance. My legacy banks seem to do this bit right where you are given an account overview early on and in some cases this is all you want/need. Of course I am aware this is early days for joint accounts

I’d get a Sebo; Dysons aren’t the best quality these days! :slight_smile: (/offtopic)

If any of you think the joint account feels “rushed”: it is still early access, as others have said. People are so keen to get a joint account, that we’d rather give you something that works, with some rough edges, than make you wait until it’s fully polished. (Myself included—I’ve wanted a joint account since I started working here!)

3 Likes

When will joint accounts be offered in labs?

I believe it’s today @peterdavies - They have an event on tonight, where it will be launched.

Check this evening!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, Thanks to Monzo Labs, I now have a joint account!

I have just tried moving £5 from the personal to the joint… it doesn’t work. Fingerprint is accepted and it returns to the click to transfer screen… The balances aren’t altered. What have I missed… does the card need to be activated?