From what I’ve read above (I could be wrong) it seems like Monzo can’t add the card to Apple Pay from the app but you can if you just use the card number manually from the Wallet app.

Our cards arrived, woo! But they’re identical to our normal cards, there is zero distinction that these are joint account cards. This is bonkers!

That’s just for the test, to get it started quicker. Use a sharpie until the ones indicating they are joint are ready

4 Likes

See earlier post. Hopefully you’ll automatically get a replacement card when joint ones are ready

Anyone able to go for Joint Account on Android yet?

Still no Android release for me yet, we’ll probably have to wait untill next week. That doesn’t stop me from constantly checking though!

Same here. Tried manual updates to apps etc and still nothing! So hoping it gets rolled out today. :crossed_fingers:

A few of these if not all have been mentioned before in this thread but I feel it would make more sense for me to put my wish list in a single post.

• Haptic feedback when pressing and holding on the tab bar to switch accounts. It would make the experience that little bit better and more native (iOS).
  • When switching accounts, stay on the current tab rather than going ‘Home’ as default. This is a bit annoying currently.
  • Balance amount. We have figured out what it is displaying but could get confusing quite quickly. I am assuming when joint pots are here that balance will just display the total in the joint account and the joint pots (and not personal pots).
  • Different cards. We know they are coming, and I am excited for that! Luckily there is loads of room to just doodle on the JA card and await the new designs when they arrive, time to get creative :wink: I get so confused with my two Lloyds cards as they are the same design on the plastic and in Apple Wallet.

Some folks have mentioned a different way to display. The two accounts as it’s not very obvious. One way around this could be renaming the home tab to Personal or Current and then Joint when in the JA. Not sure how that would fit on the screen but could be an option.
Another solution, maybe in the Account tab show Current Account, Joint Account, Pot 1, Pot 2 etc etc. I don’t know, I’m no fancy designer just something I have thought of.

5 Likes

Thats what I thought would be a good idea. Whatever account or pot is selected in the Account tab, the ‘feed’ for that account or pot is shown in the main Home tab or something similar to that.

#testing

10 Likes

Apple Pay sorted too.

11 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Probably a silly question. But when I’m setting up direct debits should I put mine and my girlfriends name? But when sitting up subsections that take from my card only my own?

1 Like

Tried a payment from the JA to a Monzo contact and was disappointed to see it just displayed my name in the recipient’s feed rather than both JA holders.

I’ve used a highlighter to distinguish to two cards. Think it looks pretty cool!

6 Likes

This is pretty standard. Whenever I make payments from my Santander Joint Account it does the same thing.

If it’s anything like a normal JA, usually either works (single or joint names). That’s the way it is with Santander.

It’s only usually accounts that are ‘multi signatory’ like charity accounts that have to be countersigned by two people.

Are the joint account cards not ready yet? Myself and my partner will be making ours today!

No they’re not ready yet.

1 Like

Oops. I deleted my post cause I didn’t reply properly and now it won’t let me repost!
Alex, do you happen to know when Android testers will get the update for Joint Accounts?

1 Like