Favourite feature

So what is your favourite Monzo Feature? Be it on Standard, Plus or Premium service!

Payment links. The ability to send someone a link to pay them feels great. It saves me time, and the burden is no longer on me for entering the correct banking details.

Second to this, monzo.me when it worked with Apple Pay (please bring it back Monzo!)

1 Like

Pots to pay bills from

4 Likes

An older response, but it still stands:

Since then, metal card (Premium), Open Banking (Plus/Premium), in-app credit tracking (Plus/Premium), travel/mobile Insurance (Premium) and of course, no Joint Account support for Plus/Premium and many other standard features as well.

1 Like

Bills Pots, closely followed by instant splits - an oldie but a goodie!

1 Like

Yeah absolutely, I think that Monzo is absolutely the future this is what the world needs, I think most people know that too, people just need the confidence to change. I have faith that it will. Banking needs to be balanced & fair.

I remember back in the 90ā€™s after falling on hard times. And was living on Ā£28 a week. On top of that a friend who Iā€™d had staying with me temporaily left me with a nice ā€œquarterlyā€ Ā£300 phone bill, which spiralled my finances out of control. I was then charged something like Ā£27 everytime a direct debit failed or went over my overdraft rate. Needless to say the knock on effects made my finances spiral out of control. This kind of thing would not happen to the same extent today because the banks were forced to clean up their act and they have to be more supportive of customers and make some allowance for circumstances. Though, it still left a bitter taste in my mouth and a Iā€™ve never forgotten how I was treated. It was frankly diabolical.

So along came Monzo. It has so much going for it.

1 Like

Bills Pots and Salary Sorter

Bill Pots, without them Monzo wouldnā€™t be my main account. Iā€™d probably use it for spending still but direct debits would still be with my high street bank and my visibility would be worse.

Close second is the Google Sheets live export because Iā€™m a nerd :nerd_face:

Why was this disabled?

Something to do with Stripe I think, then it got forgotten about or is just way too low on the list of priorities.

The only information Iā€™ve seen shared about it anywhere was from a comment from an employee on Reddit here:

Thanks for this ā€” hopefully they bring it back soon.

The amount of people at my work that donā€™t trust the payment link is unbelievable.

1 Like

I donā€™t send links, but QR codes instead. Generally, it seems to be more ā€˜authenticā€™ā€¦ scan this bad-boy;

MonzoMeQuid

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

A pound? Do you really think Iā€™m made of money? :joy:

1 Like

How do you scan a QR code when viewing it on the mobile device youā€™d normally use to scan QR codes? :man_shrugging::man_facepalming::joy:

On iOS at least, long press, click open :grin:

1 Like

There are currently 45591 users on the forum.
Even if a percentage falls for it, iā€™ll be free-quids in.

Oh, wait, what about the scamming discussions & educationā€¦

Forget that [disappearing integrity]

2 Likes

Android you can open the image in browser and then scan it with Google Lens, doesnā€™t work for me by doing direct scanning from forum itā€™s got to be opened in a separate web browser window 1st

Oh, keep going with this, I like itā€¦

Monzo prompted me to turn on paying friends when it opened :rofl:

Declined

Iā€™ve edited the post so the QR code is clickable.

Every little helps.