Facebook Downvote Button

Looks like they’re testing out Reddit style upvotes and downvotes.

I’m not sure this is a good idea. Seems likely to further polarize things.

6 Likes

I’ve had this available on my Facebook account for a while now, not too sure how effective it is to be honest.

1 Like

I wish they’d fix the report button so it actually does something. There’s a lot of “content” (spam, scams, malware, bot accounts) that obviously does not belong on Facebook at all, and yet reporting it doesn’t do anything.

What is FaceBook?

3 Likes

I spotted this on a comment thread a few weeks ago. Much prefer it to just liking ‘good’ replies in the hope they float to the top. An invisible up/down vote button to vote on the order is much easier. I took a screenshot as it stood out so much.

IMG_6312

1 Like

A form of parasite that originated in college dorms in America, but has now infected most of the world.

3 Likes

Ohhhh… I don’t have that rubbish

1 Like

Did you watch Channel 4’s Dispatches where they went undercover into a company/contractor that moderates for Facebook? It wasn’t so much about spam and bots, more about harmful and explicit content, but still unbelievably shocking.

1 Like

So trolls will now be down voting in their masses ha

I watched that, it was quite surprising.

I’m glad I deleted my Facebook account for the last time several months ago (a few months before the Cambridge Analytica nonsense).

Hmm not sure if this is a good idea. Wasn’t their a reason why they didn’t add a dislike button to the new additions to “like?” :thinking:

Facebook to me is getting used less and less as I find friends never post content. Twitter and Instagram on the other hand seem a lot more interactive in this area.

I don’t think I’d delete my fb account only disable. As sad as it sounds it has s lot of memories which is like to keep from the past.

Have you taken a look at the data download they offer? Some people’s have been really large, but I’m not sure how much it contains.

Liam

3 Likes

I’ve heard about it yeah, I may take a look :eyes:

Also I may decide I want it again in the future :joy:

It’s scary I found a mega old phone contact list from a phone I had signed in via, then lost with no backup (I’m talking about the Facebook data download btw)

1 Like

Just generated my file, It’s 2.5GB.

Je… J… Jesus christ!

I’m going to have my Mum do hers. She’s been a member since I was in year 4/5 :stuck_out_tongue:

Liam

2 Likes

I’ve been on there since… March 2009 :clock430:

1 Like

Dec 2006 !!

1 Like

I was in year 5 September-July 2007. She’s had an account for a while!

1 Like

I’m still working on deleting mine :no_mouth:. So far I’ve managed to delete the app on my iPhone, so I’m just limiting myself to when I’m on my Mac. I don’t even know why I still have it given everything that has gone on (and how useless it’s becoming). Facebook really is a monster.