Facebook Downvote Button

I did this a few months back for Facebook and Google — my Google archive was way more scary than Facebook.

I’ve made the mistake of logging in to far too many things which use Facebook login so I really need to unpick all them before I can start deactivating Facebook. I rarely use the app but all my mates use Messenger so I’ll probsbly keep it but move to a messenger only account :confused:

I did this too — it took a while, but I’m no longer ‘shackled’ to Facebook :slight_smile:

As a side note, you can change your Facebook settings (after you’ve moved all your accounts over) so that the ‘Login with Facebook’ and accompanying ‘features’ are disabled completely. Even if you try to use Facebook to login/sign up to certain sites in future, it won’t allow it.

1 Like

I often sign in with FB if I’m in a rush to do somehing then go back and change it to my email etc after.

Difficult to do with some companies — Spotify for example: you need to contact customer support, they create a new account with your email address, migrate your existing account/playlists over to the new one, then ask you to resubscribe before closing your old one :eyes:

Yikes! I haven’t experienced that yet. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Oh no! :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

:joy: Good luck!

I feel Facebook are just filling the platform with more and more stuff no one really wants. Too many apps and service these days that stray far away from the core concept that made them great and unique… take Snapchat as a prime example.

2 Likes

Just noticed I’ve started getting this on certain posts! image