Exporting spending data on Android

I’d like to add my preference to adding this functionality (if it was on the Trello board I’d vote). If I can gain access to my spending data myself then there is a lot I can do with the data myself ahead of a large range of features being added to the app (budgeting, projections, spending trends etc). Better access to my spending data was probably one of the most important features I was looking for (current banks really try to keep your data from you). Is there an API I can use to access this data while waiting for the feature in the app? Thanks.

It sort of is - here - it’s part of the search feature.

Yes, you can login here Monzo for Developers. You might even find that one of these apps formats the data in a way that makes it easier to work with for you…

Is there any ETA on when this is coming to Android?
Being able to use Monzo for expenses is really handy, especially with the way it categorises things, but if I have to retype every expense into our accounting software it’s unusable.

Having a Monzo account that I could log into via a browser and could export from there would also be fine, but as far as I’m aware there’s only the Android (or ios) app, right?

It isn’t on the product roadmap yet I’m afraid.

Yes that’s correct, there’s more discussion about a web interface for Monzo here -

it is planned but again, it’s not yet on the product roadmap.

Hoping this might at least make it into the roadmap. Feels really strange to have this on iOS and not Android. Exporting transactions is something I’d find really useful.

This is only part of a feature so it doesn’t have it’s own card on the roadmap but obviously it’s a big deal!

You’ll be happy to hear that the Android app is due to be at feature parity with the iOS app by the time the rollout of the current accounts it complete though :boom:

Hey team and fellow Monzonites,

iPhone users appear to have the ability to export their payments to Excel in csv format - when can we expect this on Android, or am I not looking hard enough on the app?

Can’t seem to find it anywhere!

Kimbo

Hello :slight_smile:

That’s not in the Android app yet. It will be eventually (on the Current account platform mind you) :slight_smile:

I believe you can message the in-app support team for a copy of your transactions - I’m sure somebody can correct me if I’m wrong! :smiley:

+1 for prioritising this feature. I was going to test the Monzo card as my main expenses card for a month, but the lack of transactions export is a blocker.

2 Likes

+1

This would be a deal breaker for me

Export to a range of formats is indeed a deal breaker. Being able to log in to a browser on my PC for this would be ideal. I use QIF format and also CSV as a backup for when my finance packages fail to import one of my bank’s QIF formats. I use these: GnuCash and HomeBank.

1 Like

:eyes:

device-2017-09-27-115903

13 Likes

:eyes:

Kavi, you are officially my banking hero.

2 Likes

Yesssssss @kavi, this could be the feature that takes me to Monzo full-time. Is this pre-pay, retail, or both?

How do releases work now with two apps? Do things go into both or one or the other?

Just yesterday I felt the need for this feature, knowing Monzo I already had a feeling that it’ll be in development somewhere. Thanks!!

1 Like

Both where possible. We’ll be merging the apps at some point in the near future anyway, so this won’t be an issue.

1 Like