Email receipts

Few things spring in mind:

• ask users about their best practices, Monzo’s community is quite awesome :sunglasses:
  • maybe Monzo Marketplace could kick in with some special deals&offers? I’m not quite there yet in terms of what it will be really, so it’s a wild guess.
  • Monzo itself seem to be quite keen on offering help (knowledge) to users. During workshop we were even considering ideas of educating merchants about payments stuff, so it wouldn’t be far fetched that Monzo could curate some content with tips&tricks for users. It could be displayed right there when your miserably failed discounts efforts are compared to average. :smiley:
1 Like

Amen, as a recent member of the community forum i’ve been super impressed! :fist:

Interesting, if such deals could happen via the Marketplace in an easily accessible way I’d be all over it! :money_mouth:

2 Likes

I have seen a few ideas floating around with receipts, but not sure if this has been raised before.

Many retailers automatically send you an e-receipt when you purchase something, almost in every case of an online transaction.

Wouldn’t it be great if every time you make a purchase from your monzo current account and receive a receipt to your email address (linked to your monzo account) the transaction is automatically linked, or populated with the receipt in the app?!

Would love to see this feature!

Thanks for sharing this idea, I’d find it really useful too. I think your post follows on nicely from the conversation in this topic so I’ve moved it over, to keep all of the ideas & details about this functionality in one place, I hope that’s ok!

Can be done in the same way as KAYAK do when you E-Mail over your itinerary and tickets, they strip out the content and make it look nice and if you need it you can always view it online or in app

1 Like

Love the ideas! Just using the supermarket example, it could be used where everyone’s items can be compared across the community so we can see the shop with the best prices for certain products, along similar lines to how Waze uses fuel prices.

If the supermarkets can do it with their brand promise savings, it’s surely worth looking into!

2 Likes

First post!

Having recently upgraded to the current account and trying to use my card for as much as possible I’ve come up with a few ideas for features that would make my life easier but also set Monzo apart from its competitors.

Receipt pulling from Email provider

Pretty much all online transactions are followed up with a receipt/confirmation/invoice sent to your email so you can keep this for your records. Google uses these currently to pull parcel tracking information into Google Now/Assistant.

It would be amazing if Monzo could scan your emails to find emails that contain information matching the vendor, transaction amount & date and then pull this into the transaction on the app.

For me, this would mean expenses day is a hell of a lot easier (I currently have to search through all my receipts and try to find all my email confirmations to send these to accounts), as i could just search the expenses category on the app and see all the receipts I’ve added myself as well as any related email confirmations for online transactions.

Future features
Your email account is a treasure trove of information so this could open the door to a lot of future features based on this info.

For example:

• Prediction of future outgoings based on appointment confirmations (Hairdresser, dentist, etc)
  • Parcel tracking in app
  • Prediction of overseas travel based on travel bookings, hotels. Provide customer with travel fee info ahead of time, fraud prevention.
  • Overdue payment notifications
  • Scheduled expenses download (Automatic email listing all monthly expenses with receipts/invoices attached)

Keen to hear the community’s thoughts on the above, and if anyone has any further ideas for how this info could be used!

(Apologies if this has been suggested before, i couldn’t find any suggestions similiar when i searched)

4 Likes

Some good ideas here! Some aspects have been discussed previously, specifically being able to email receipts to Monzo as a way of it pulling the data into your feed, and you may be interested to read what was said:

But you’ve definitely taken it further with ideas to pull out future predictions from other emails. I would love to see Monzo do something around this, in a way that considered the privacy implications of providing access to email.

1 Like

Great to see the suggestion has been brought up before & thanks to @alexs for merging the threads.

Personally not a fan of forwarding to an email account as I feel the less work for the user the better. A simple login with Gmail/Yahoo would be much more frictionless, but technical limitations might be an issue with that.

1 Like

It would be good to have both options. I can see why you’d want it automatic by providing access to your inbox. The problem I have with that is the privacy implications: I’d like to be able to choose what emails I share. Also I have multiple mailboxes. And, finally, I wouldn’t want it to exclude people (like me!) using a standard IMAP account not with Google/Yahoo/Apple/etc.

That sounds reasonable to me.

1 Like