Don't go, coral card! 😍

Personally I think all threads about card colour should be closed now a decision has been made and if they want to revisit the decision in a year or two to open a new thread then.

We don’t want it running permanently like an open sore with people constantly objecting to the corporate choice day after day.

4 Likes

Thanks Naji for the response.

1 Like

Perhaps a refreshed one at some point when the new cards are in our hands? I agree with @anon44204028 on this one, this thread was started in response to people thinking that Coral was disappearing

Equally though, I agree that the principle of this is to keep everyone talking and able to give feedback! I’d argue that a fresh thread might be more suitable than this superthread :slight_smile:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I’m happy with the coral card but just to add more fuel to the conversation -

Also…Hugo retweeted this :laughing:

5 Likes

I pretty much got my Monzo account SOLELY based on the colour of the card, I mean the other features are amazing don’t get me wrong, but never would have been attracted to it in the first place if not for the colour!

4 Likes

It fuels further conversations, both inside and outside of the community. It definitely has the marmite effect. I’m on the love it side myself.

1 Like

I was on the hate side, now I am on the meh side (there is such a side!) One of the reasons is that it does look better in person then on screen. I would in an ideal word prefer a different colour or at least the choice to choose but what can you do? I can (and have) via the forums asked them to offer another card colour but they are just as entitled to ignore such overtures as they have done thus far. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d love to see a wraparound coral/navy design for the final cards, sounds like it’d be beautiful! That said, if we did end up with the shiny-dotted card from the GIF in the original post, I can’t say I’d be upset – as fond as I am of my hot coral Monzo beta card!

I spotted this tweet today which is pretty much the perfect demonstration of the value of the hot coral card for brand recognition / marketing :thumbsup: -

https://twitter.com/BenTiplady/status/811735409017298944

4 Likes

I dropped my coral card in the middle of a gig. One minute I was moshing away the next I noticed the hot pink out of the corner of my eye. Knew it was mine immediately.

I love having something so easily identifiable.

5 Likes

It’s certainly distinctive and easy to spot, which has made people ask me about it. But I’ve had people say it sounds great then decide the colour is too awful.

Happy New Year hot coral folk! I know the image has been posted on another thread but I thought that it would fit quite well into this thread. Zainab posted a sneak peek of the actual Monzo debit card (after some lucky people got a ‘flash’ last night at the open office)! The image just kinda confirms what we already knew but I admit I had a little fist bump! :smile:

10 Likes

Oh dear! Shakes head I guess it was to be expected.

Boom. Look at that hot coral!!

3 Likes

slightly digressing, could you have an option to customise you cards (a la Barclays)?

The short answer is no, I’m afraid. Here’s why -

The link in Naj’s post is a link back to this post :wink:

1 Like

right… thanks for that

1 Like

Forgot to mention, got a new MetroBank card and they have changed the card colours. It is now red n the middle.

That looks great. The current monzo card has a white line round it which i believe the debit cards don’t so fingers crossed

Yup, @hugo shared this. Hopefully it works out!

3 Likes