Don't go, coral card! šŸ˜

Fidor already have a super bright green colour

1 Like

Just googled what their card looks like - hadnā€™t seen that one before. Perhaps a slightly updated version of the hot coral may be better than a total overhaul.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t mention it before but I have an OCBC Frank card in Singapore and you have different custom designs (or plain ones) you can just pop into the branch and choose from. Itā€™s really quick as well, and you get a ton of offers with it for shopping, student loans too. https://thefinancialbrand.com/18642/ocbc-frank-gen-y-banking-brand/entrance/

Maybe Monzo could consider allowing a couple of designs depending on what people prefer? I love the coral colour, but maybe some people may prefer something more understated. Itā€™s probably not feasible to have an actual branch but I remember people can just pop into Monzo HQ to pick up replacement cards etc., it would be nice to be able to compare them on the spot.

P.s. This is the card design I have (not my card dw)

1 Like

This is genuinely terrifying :scream:

3 Likes

In what way? :joy: I thought the card was adorable hahah

Imagine seeing those eyes looking at you every time you make a transaction :eyes: maybe the card is meant to scare you into not spending :wink:

3 Likes

I was close to doing something with the Barclayā€™s customised card tool for a similar effectā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m too much of a knee-jerk ā€œaww thatā€™s adorableā€ animal lover, but to me it looks more like these cuties

@samw I wish it was that frightening it could stop me from spending (or change my mind with a judgy stare)ā€¦ I never keep very much money in that one, and I love using it :joy: lots of people have complimented it but there are more and more custom cards in the market, itā€™s not unique anymore! Even our transport cards (like the Oyster card) have superhero customisations (I chose Robin)

2 Likes

Ah, for the FRANK accounts we just pick from a bunch of designs but Iā€™ve seen people put memes and personal photos on their Barclays cards. I think I would draw the line at selfies though- who wants that on a card :joy: thatā€™s like putting a picture of yourself on your phone lockscreen! Still, I guess it would help with stopping identity theft? :joy: get their card held because ā€œmaā€™am, this is not your face- we suspect you may be using a stolen cardā€.

1 Like

If I ever got to customize a card Iā€™d have this

4 Likes

Now that really is scary!

Iā€™m secretly hoping someone sees the funny side and approves my card designā€¦

Wouldnā€™t say my chances are high though :frowning:

14 Likes

Thatā€™s actually pretty awesome!

1 Like

that is epic i totally want that card design!

1 Like

Rejected for the above reason :cry:

That could actually be a better cardholder verification method than chip and signature. ā€œChip and selfieā€ :joy:

(I think I might need to patent this before the US banks all get onto it since they love excuses to delay implementing proper chip and PIN)

1 Like

Iā€™d love that card design! Very apt

I have no idea anymore with the US card situation, Iā€™m glad Apple Pay was brought about since getting your cards to work on the reader (swipe or chip and pin or contactless? Itā€™s a toss up) is such a faff.

It probably would throw up problems of its own though, since some people look markedly different at 3am trying to buy food than (probably) all glammed up on their card.

Apple Pay is nice in that it forces retailers to upgrade their hardware if they didnā€™t already - any hardware that supports NFC would also support chip and PIN (and the contactless transaction flow is pretty much identical to chip and PIN, which means if they upgrade their software to support that thereā€™s a good chance chip and PIN is already supported and is just waiting to be enabled).

It probably would throw up problems of its own though, since some people look markedly different at 3am trying to buy food than (probably) all glammed up on their card.

Solution: have two cards - the day card and the ā€œafter a few bottlesā€ card. :joy:

Having a two-sided/ two picture one would definitely be ideal :joy:

(but both are you)