Don't go, coral card! šŸ˜

how about a bright orange? or better still, hot coral!

3 Likes

WATCH YA BASS BINS!
Reach for the lasers :D!

2 Likes

Acidddddd!!!1

1 Like

I spotted this on Twitter yesterday & itā€™s great to see that weā€™re getting closer to the launch of the current accounts butā€¦the card has the old MasterCard logo :scream: is this the final design now? And if so, Iā€™d be curious to hear what happened thereā€¦

https://twitter.com/eileentso/status/875743577594351617

2 Likes

With regard to the old MasterCard logo I assume that was a small batch from what Eileen called ā€œinternal testingā€ and the final one will have the new logo, similar to the one Paul showed at a meeting in their old office? Anyone from Monzo able to clarify?

2 Likes

Never mind, I found the answer :tada:

2 Likes

That is outrageously good looking in red.

Hot Coral.

Maybe @RichardR needs to start wearing Hot Coral tshirts instead of red :slight_smile:

:rofl: Embarrassing

4 Likes

Are they really that stupid or is it just policy that they have to reply like this? :joy:

I think it is standard NafWest policy as they are replying like that on various social media every time they spot someone says they will leave :slight_smile:

As @alexs managed to track down on Twitter, these are indeed just internal cards :thumbsup: The final debit cards should look like the pictures that have been floating around here a bit, with the new Mastercard logo, customer names, and at least initially, hot coral :heart_eyes:

The very boring reason begin that switching card design completely is a very lengthy process, so we want to be able to start taking these cards through their paces as soon as possible, without waiting for this to complete :timer_clock:

We canā€™t wait to share them with you :tada:

7 Likes

At least initially? Donā€™t go, hot coral card!

9 Likes

I really like the blue design, but Iā€™ve got to say that the Hot Coral card gets a lot of people talking when I use it and Iā€™m sure that there have been a few more sign-ups after fact.

Why not go for two cards? One for business and one for leisure; think of it as the Monzo Mullet (Iā€™m trade marking that name :smiley:)

3 Likes

Lets face it not hard to beat there totally dull previous efforts which have been only slightly amended since it went from midland.
Flat map on grey with words changed to dull silver when they swapped to visa from switch maestro.:scream:

I find all the banks - HSBC, Natwest, Santander, RBS/Halifax. Barclays, First Direct, Co-op. Metro, Starling, Revolut cards are all really plain and uninspiring. Is that what people want from their bank - boring?

Apart from Monzoā€™s hot coral the only design I really like is Lloyds (I donā€™t bank with Lloyds). That powerful horse with the stern green instils trust in the product. You donā€™t see a lot of animation on cards. It would be awesome if Hot Chip made it onto the Monzo card one day, or into the app somewhere. Give little chip his big break! :love_letter:

4 Likes

Agree! I still hear merchants talking about monzo cards - last week had a comment saying ā€œits another one of those orange cards!ā€

2 Likes

The reason I like Monzo is because theyā€™re different. Theyā€™re making a stand against the old fashioned banks. To me, although I like the gif colour as a colour in itself, I much prefer the coral for a card. For a start, it is a conversation starter with cashiers, friends and so on. The brightness makes it easier to pick out in my wallet. Plus, itā€™s the colour that has been there from the beginning and it would be a shame to see it go. Keep the coral! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I just joined and havenā€™t gotten my card yet but I love the colour of the coral. It stands out, easy to find in your purse/wallet and much nicer than a plain blue colour!

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be heartbroken if Monzo lean towards a run-of-the-mill black/navy/gold/blue card. The hot coral attracts so much attention, so I think having another super bright colour (green perhaps?) would totally shatter the expectations of a banking card - again!

1 Like