Dodl by AJ Bell - investment app 📈

AJ Bell are gearing up to launch their new challenger investing app named Dodl by AJ Bell and they’ve just launched a very basic landing page with a waitlist.

What I can gather so far from their social media accounts is they’ll be launching with:

1. ISA, LISA, SIPP and GIA accounts
  2. 50 U.K. stocks from the FTSE 350
  3. 30 US stocks (from Oct 2022)
  4. 23 themed funds, including 3 Vanguard Lifestrategy Funds
  5. 7 AJ Bell funds

Cost: 0.15% platform fee, no commissions; 0.75% FX fee on overseas shares

USP: DIY Investment LISA’s are so underserved at the moment. So personally can’t wait for their LISA so I can move from Nutmeg and take more control over it.

Thoughts? :thought_balloon:

Summary

Disclaimer: I’ve no affiliations with AJ Bell or Dodl

3 Likes

Looks like a CBeebies ad

3 Likes

Haha yeah but funnily enough I do like their branding. Don’t take themselves seriously and look like they’re having fun with this new venture on socials. Clearly targeting a younger audience

1 Like

Yes joking aside should be interesting, I’m keen to see their L ISA offering, not many provide it.

2 Likes

Exactly, in all honestly I’m really surprised that Freetrade particularly doesn’t offer a Freetrade LISA yet. First mover advantage in this area is now gone. I guess it’s a high administration burden for them whereas AJ Bell already have the LISA on their fully fledged platform so must be leveraging this.

0.15% platform fee too is super competitive, that’s matching Vanguard’s platform fee and undercutting Nutmeg/Moneybox, etc.

3 Likes

Is there a maximum annual fee?

1 Like

Some in app snaps. I will be opening a LISA start of tax year and can add some in account snaps then. (Transfers are coming :soon:)

3 Likes

No, would be great to have one but not really an issue for most as it’s competitive for the choice the platform offers with individual stocks too I’d imagine.

2 Likes

Awesome. Looking good and launching with broader suite of accounts than I was expecting with the SIPP there too.

From what I can gather off the internet the funds are:

1. Vanguard FTSE 100 index unit trust
  2. HSBC FTSE 250 index fund
  3. HSBC FTSE All World index fund
  4. iShares US index fund
  5. Vanguard Europe (ex-U.K.) index fund
  6. Fidelity Japan index fund
  7. Vanguard Pacific ex-Japan index fund
  8. iShares Emerging Markets index fund
  9. iShares GiltTrack index fund
  10. iShares Corporate Bond index fund
  11. iShares Global High Yield Corporate Bond ETF
  12. Vanguard Global Corporate Bond index fund
  13. HSBC Global Government Bond index fund
  14. iShares Automation & Robotics ETF
  15. L&G Global Technology index trust
  16. L&G Global Health & Pharma index trust
  17. L&G Global Infrastructure index fund
  18. L&G Global Real Estate dividend index fund
  19. Amundi MSCI U.K. Socially Responsible Investment index fund
  20. iShares MSCI World Responsible Investment ETF
  21. Vanguard LifeStrategy 40% Shares fund
  22. Vanguard LifeStrategy 60% Shares fund
  23. Vanguard LifeStrategy 80% Shares fund
  24. 7 AJ Bell multi-asset funds

Do you mind listing the 7 AJ Bell funds? Can only see 3 in your screenshots.

1 Like

2 Likes

New tax year, new LISA. Just got my invite and sent them my deets. How long did it take for them to give you access to TestFlight?

1 Like

I think it was about a week from emailing details to getting a link to the beta app.

1 Like

Argh, that’s ages. Okay will recalibrate my expectations to next week, thanks. Hopefully they’ll surprise me by Friday

Edit- update

1 Like

But… I want the exclusive fun of being in a Testflight group!

2 Likes

I’m in, opened my new LISA and made first 2 investments. No nonsense investing, exactly what it says on the tin. All I need now is the invest monthly feature and transfer from another provider to be activated plus fractional US tech stocks, and I’ll be very satisfied with this offering.

Edit:

1 Like

Invest monthly is there for me on android.

2 Likes

Nice, I’m on iOS; can’t be long now then. Is the “Learn” section also live on Android? It’s still in the works for iOS.

1 Like

Interesting they’ve gone live with the beta.

1 Like

Downloaded the app and registered.

£1pm plus 0.15% investment (by memory) for Lifetime ISA

Moneybox is £1 for first 3 months; then 0.45% for the same.

Guess depends how much you have stashed. Not a lot for me at the moment :joy:

3 Likes

It’s an annual account charge of 0.15 per cent of the total invested – subject to a minimum of £1 a month.

Think the advantage over Moneybox/Nutmeg is that Dodl is a DIY investment LISA where you have more control/choice over what exactly you invest.

3 Likes