Do Taxi's Accept Card Payment?

Hi guys. If I was to get a Taxi right away, would i be able to pay by card inside the Taxi or are they cash only ?

Thanks

Depends on the area/company. Some do, some don’t. Always ask at the time of booking and also confirm when you get in the taxi. Some drivers don’t leave their machines on/say they aren’t working so always confirm before starting the journey

Most (all?) black cabs in London take card now.

1 Like

My local taxi company (up North) takes cards if you use their app to either book or call a taxi - works a lot like uber. If you don’t use the app, the taxi is cash only

1 Like

All. It’s mandated.

And I imagine tax receipts are up. Which is good.

1 Like

How can anyone answer such a vague question - we need to know where you live and what firm you’re planning on using! :exploding_head:

Fair point. Are uber’s services the same nationwide ? I will probably use them, i know you can book a journey to somewhere via apple pay, but what about the return ?
Never used Uber before so hence my question.
If i want to go somewhere, have the driver wait for me when we get there, then take me back, is this possible ?

There are generally local taxi apps too, which can sometimes be fairer to the drivers, AFAIK.

I generally make sure when I get in the taxi that their card machine is working, and sometimes they claim it is not…

1 Like

Uber is card only paid in app, no cash should be given to the driver.

1 Like

Ok thats fine.
Can i ask the driver to wait for me when we get to the destination to take me back, or do i have to book another uber ?

You’d need to add a stop, first one your destination and second your original location. They do ask that you keep the wait time to under 3 minutes. If longer you’d need to book another

1 Like

ah fair enough ! I’ll be about 10-15 mins so will just book another one after i’m done, thanks mate

1 Like

One last question, they do accept Monzo cards via ApplePay right ?

Here in Birmingham it seems quite hit or miss. However, if you want a black cab rather than Uber you could try an app called Gett?

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Or mytaxi is another one I’ve got installed. Not sure which apps are active in which areas.