Display cashback amount

Good evening

I have noticed that when you get cashback at stores like Tesco for example, it doesn’t actually get displayed within the app and is just included as the final amount. I thought it might be a good idea to get it displayed, perhaps where the arrow is pointed in the screenshot attached?

Screenshot%20(5%20Feb%202019%2020_23_52)

2 Likes

Great idea,

I guess this depends if Tesco inform monzo that part of the transaction is cash back. I believe there is an area for this in the mastercard spec but whether it’s used who knows.

If it is I’d love to see this added.

7 Likes

Might be a great future use for the flux integration to show this properly :thinking:

4 Likes

I don’t believe monzo know that you’ve taken cashback :eyes:

From what I recall, cashback doesn’t count towards your ATM withdrawal limit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: it’s just part of the overall POS transaction :yum:

I agree with @Rat_au_van though! It would be awesome to see this show up on a flux receipt :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I know that with NatWest it gets displayed in the “More information” section (see screenshot).2271-Cashback

5 Likes

Interesting, never seen this with Barclays

3 Likes

I believe it’s always passed with the transaction information but not all banks readily show it

5 Likes

Retailers don’t pay interchange fees on the cashback portion, so that information is almost certainly passed back to the bank. In fact, if you like saving Monzo money, cashback is way cheaper for them than ATM withdrawals, because they don’t pay any fees either.

2 Likes

Lloyd’s shows this. It helps diagnosis odly large transaction amounts.

Can we puh-leaze get this?

It would really help with budgeting.

Best,
G.