Demo Mode

(Stuart) #1

It would be great if I could turn on a Demo Mode from within the app so I could show it off to friends without displaying my finances. I’d even settle for an up to date YouTube video that shows off all the features of monzo.

7 Likes

Monzo Demo Mode for showing off to potential new customers?
Demo Mode - Demonstrate the power of Monzo while keeping your finances private
(Jorge) #2

Worried that your friends find out you’re rich? lol

We’ll see what the :monzo: peeps say! :smiley:

0 Likes

(Simon Rose) #3

Hello,

I’m getting a lot of interest from colleagues about Monzo and often would find it easier to demo functionality with my app rather than try and describe it. Obviously, I wouldn’t want them to see my real transactions or at least not the value to my balance & transactions. I’ve used a Fintech app before where there was a scramble/demo mode that would turn all your transactions into a different currency then multiply them by a random value. In that way, you could show off the app without fear of leaking personal data.

May I propose this as a future development for Monzo to help with promoting the service to new customers?

(unless there is a demo site I don’t know about?)

2 Likes

(I Can't Wait Till Tuesday, Scrap The Graph Day!!!!) #4

I have requested this before on here as have many others, I think I first said this in 2016.

Very much doubt this will not happen based on the fact it’s been like 3 years so I never promote Monzo because of it.

0 Likes

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #5

Someone in another topic mentioned that another bank have this (possibly starling) where you wave your hand over the screen and it blurs transaction amounts. Sounded quite cool.

0 Likes

N26.

Emma has a scramble mode, which is very nice. I’ve used it a couple of times to show it to friends.

3 Likes

(Mark O'Sullivan) #7

It would be fantastic if I could enable a “demo mode” as such whenever I’m talking about Monzo to friends / family / strangers, so I don’t have to show them my current financial activity or how much money I have in my pots.

I’d happily encourage people to adopt Monzo more often if I could enable demo mode and show fake data which would highlight all of the best features of Monzo.

6 Likes

(I Can't Wait Till Tuesday, Scrap The Graph Day!!!!) #8

I (like others) have been asking for this since 2016.

1 Like

(Adam) #9

I agree. EMMA’s scramble mode is fantastic for showing friends and family the product if they sound interested.

Have Monzo ever provided a response to why this is not attracting much traction?

Surely at this stage of the product pipeline, any quick wins for increasing revenue, cheap brand advertisement etc are being explored? I can’t imagine development costs for this are particularly high?

0 Likes