Declined Transactions Appearing in the QIF and CSV export

All declined transactions regardless of cause are included in the exported transactions list with no indication that this transaction has been declined. Makes trying to load these transactions in financial software and reconciling them hard work.
Thanks for the great product and for including QIF export which I find essential.

5 Likes

Hi there,

I’d just like to add my +1 to this, I’ve looked at the QIF and there seems to be no way to tell a declined transaction from a real one, which is messing up my YNAB book keeping.

Stripping declined transactions out of the export would be appreciated, cheers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This still happens today on Android Current Account. It’s a useless feature when the numbers don’t add up. Tested on both QIF and CVS… :disappointed:

Have you also messaged the team in app?

Mmm, I had this problem when using the API, luckily one of the data points is whether the transaction was declined/authorised/settled but there was much head scratching for a while over why the sum total of all the transactions != current balance.

Have you also messaged the team in app?

I searched on here first to see if it had been raised already. Will pop a note in via the app also.

Mmm, I had this problem when using the API, luckily one of the data points is whether the transaction was declined/authorised/settled but there was much head scratching for a while over why the sum total of all the transactions != current balance.

That is a strange thing. I have played with the API, though it says my balance is 0 in all transactions. I don’t want to have to export the JSON, then convert to CVS, to then add into my budget spreadsheet.

It’s a year on since the this bug was first raised, and the bug caught me out today whilst trying to reconcile my accounts. QIF format is a great plus for transparency, but can someone from Monzo’s dev team please comment?