Date Reminder

(Richard Grey) #1

As per usual, I forgot my wedding anniversary, and only remembered when my wife gave me a card that morning.

Later that day, I went and purchased a gift and a card, and thought it could be handy if I were able to tag that transaction in my feed, and then set a reminder say one week before the same event next year. This could have other uses, such as birthdays and other regular events.

It could also be used as a money saver for myself, as I won’t need to feel the need to spend based on the amount of guilt I’m feeling for once again, forgetting my wedding anniversary!

(Change Works) #2

Even better, a few days before your anniversary Monzo contacts Moonpig, selects a card, has it personalised (to whom it may concern…) and has it addressed and sent.

Why isn’t this already available?!

:wink::wink:

(Stephen) #3

Isn’t that a job of a calendar app, rather than a banking one?

(Richard Grey) #4

Very true. Just thought it might be nice to have everything in one place. Personally, I only use my calendar app for work appointments. When I start putting personal stuff in there, the feed gets very messy.

(Richard Grey) #5

Just make sure it’s to the right one, at the right time :rofl:

(Richard Bairwell) #6

Quick fix - Set up a standing order which renews once a year (I think you can do that) to send appropriate money to your credit card with the message ‘For anniversary present’. When you get the notification that’s sent out by Monzo, you’ll have the money in your credit card for that lovely present she’s always wanted.

(Danny) #7

I don’t forget things coz

(Richard Grey) #8

Really good idea! :grinning:

Yep, I’d also like Monzo to write my emails please. Swapping to other apps takes wayyyy too much time :wink:

(Richard Grey) #10

It is, especially if you’re lazy like me :wink:

While we are at it: can it replace the dialler too? You know, for the few cases when I actually use my phone to make a phone call :smiley:

I think we need MonzOS™

but then your whole phone wouldn’t have PIN or password protection :rofl:

We need Carlsburg to make phone batteries, because then they would be probably the best batteries in the world :beer::iphone::battery:

Nono, it just needs to ship with one of these. That’s much simpler :rofl:

(Danny) #15

Secure your phone like this

I’m still having trouble installing the app on my phone
images

(Peter Roberts) #17

I like the UNIX philosophy. Each application should do one thing, with a simple interface and do it well

Edit: and technically both iOS and Android are UNIXish so I guess it might apply :yum: