Custom Direct Debit Names

No it’s not live yet and when it is it’ll not be mandatory, both banks need to support it for it to work but yes if/when it becomes live then a nickname field will probably be useful

Another reason why having Standing Order nicknames would be good is you would be able to set up a Standing Order with a nickname of your choosing by going through the payee contact rather than typing out the sortcode and account number.

1 Like

I agree. I have multiple direct debits from the same companies. So it gets confusing. It would be great to have an optional label field which you could fill out that would replace the company name shown in this list. You still keep the official name on the detail screen, but show the custom label/nickname in the list view.

IMG_3084

4 Likes

Or be able to add a recurring note which would appear below the Direct Debit name (like normal notes) one the Scheduled Payments section and in the Home feed.

4 Likes

+1 to this, many of my direct debits have little to associate them with the thing they’re paying for (rental, lease, loans etc), a label against each would help alleviate confusion!

2 Likes

I would simply like the ability to change the display name of the DD, or add a note to appear below it. Like notes on transactions

3 Likes

Recurring notes for Direct Debits and Standing Orders, which also appear as notes in the Home feed after a payment has gone out, make the most sense.

2 Likes

More than a year since the last reply, but I stumbled across this thread today, as I had the same idea, wouldn’t it be great to be able to edit/modify / tag the name on a direct debit. As we see more GoCardless or Debit Collections processing for more people, I end up with a list of different Go cardless and If I am lucky, the reference gives away what the items actually is…

Suggestion is:

Ability to edit/amed names on DD’s to make them user friendly. And if i cant do that a note / tag option to allow some customisation… please… pretty please…

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve voted for this because I’m getting confused with the direct debits list in the Scheduled section. I’m seeing direct debits with the same names and publisher names for magazine subscriptions etc. I want to mark which is which.

1 Like

Would you not be able to link a custom description to the 6 digit BACS SUN of the organisation taking the direct debit?

Edit - of course that wouldn’t help if someone has more than one DD with the same SUN.

I can’t understand why this hasn’t been done already. I have two direct debits to close brothers Ltd who collect payments on behalf of MoreThan & RSA insurance. I can’t differentiate them in any way other than the amount. A direct debit nickname or note would be so helpful, I’m not a coder but I can’t imagine this would be overly complicated to implement either.

2 Likes

It hasn’t been done because it’s something minor that has gathered 30 votes in over three years.

Monzo have much bigger priorities and even if they were to do this, it’s really not as simple as you make out.

1 Like

It’s worse than that. Sadly it’s only 10 :open_mouth:

3 Likes