Curve chat

Curve is also a physical card - you use its app to change which debit/credit card it is linked to at any time.

As its a debit card, its useful if you want to charge something to a credit card and they don’t accept credit cards.

I’m not sure if I’ll just be duplicating everything that I already have and it just seems like Google pay, as I just change different cards with them too, only without the physical card.

Only thing it might work with is my crap business account as they don’t issues contactless cards, so maybe I could use it for that

I asked in chat if using Curve to withdraw cash abroad is fee free after using my Monzo fee free allowance but they didn’t know.

I think Monzo will have to answer that one!

That’s who I asked and they didn’t know.

Ah sorry, I thought you meant you asked Curve. Half asleep :woozy_face:

1 Like

I use Curve with two credit cards that aren’t contactless and it works very well, particularly for small purchases in shops, where they pretty much just hold out the machine for you to tap these days

1 Like

Ask them to escalate it, someone should know.

1 Like

Proof of my comments earlier to try and put your mind at ease:

An ATM withdrawal using Monzo directly (and showing information on how much fee free withdrawal I have left)

An ATM through Curve and Monzo (not showing the information about abroad ATMs as they are not counted)

1 Like

So the lesson here is use Curve to withdraw Monzo cash abroad?

1 Like

Perfect. So I should use Monzo to withdraw £200 fee free then Curve for the next £200 and I shouldn’t pay a cash fee.

1 Like

Confused by Curve’s exchange rate, glitch?

Yeah definitely, they’re both €20. So the actual exchange rate has been reflected in how much I paid.

Errr, just use Starling - no messing about at all

5 Likes

I tried Starling. Found them awful. But thanks for the suggestion.

It might be awful, but it allows you to meet your objectives whilst abroad.

1 Like

Not how I would start a recommendation.

Actually the last few holidays I’ve had, I’ve not had to withdraw any cash! But it’s good to have the Monzo/Curve options as a backup.

5 Likes

Out of interest, what did you think was awful?

2 Likes

Depends where you go. The card didn’t get used once in Morocco

Yep. Starling have no limits and no extra weekend fees when overseas. Why use curve for starling? Been great for me. I only use curve for my legacy bank cards that charge for certain transactions.