Current Account - Partial Switch

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Annoying. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Id be interested to know if in the future, with time and resources, anything could be done to improve the partial switch by Monzo?

I’ve found them very useful for consolidating certain types of spending in my Starling account.
Also, shutting down a bank account can cause real hassle, e.g. if it is the nominated account for a savings account.
When I did partial switches to Starling, I got notifications for a few direct debits telling me to double check they had actually gone through. In fact, some merchants had just created a brand new direct debit instead, leaving a couple of ghost DDs on the account.

1 Like

Having just completed a partial switch from Starling to Monzo I can agree that it is far more hassle than its worth. You don’t know that the DD’s have failed until the companies involved start to chase you etc… Would be far easier to do it manually.

Fingers crossed there are no additional charges/late payment notices etc.

2 Likes

I agree - I did a partial switch from FD and not everything moved over. Either go full switch or do a manual switch.

For clarification it was the companies that didn’t update rather than Monzo.

I did a partial switch from Starling and this didn’t cause me any issues.

1 Like

This should probably be updated then:

Screenshot_20180824-212107

(From https://monzo.com/features/switch/)

NB: this link was just on Monzo’s instagram story.

2 Likes

I’ve been able to do a partial switch as it was visable on the app ( I didn’t know it was discontinued) and someone has made a mess somewhere.

My Car Finance wasn’t taken on the 28th, they emailled me today saying the DD had been cancelled, threw on a £10 late payment fee and when they took my new details they were confused as they already had the Monzo one on file.

Monzo CS has been a bit off today and basically saying I’ve to fight this with the car finance company. I know it’s only £10 I’m down but I thought I was protected over any charges as part of the guarantee or is that only full switches?

Only full switches. Think you’ve shown exactly why partial switches were stopped. Did COps say if the payment was attempted?

They didn’t. They just kept redirecting me back to the company to dispute this. Nightmare really :weary::exploding_head:

If there was no feed notification then it sounds like they didn’t try. How long ago did you do the switch? Possible they updated your records after the payment request was sent

The option for Partial Switches still appears in the app for me. I was considering doing another one, but if they aren’t available now then switching more payments to Monzo is out for me.

I am not prepared to spend the time at the moment doing each one manually, and I need to keep the source account open for other reasons (i.e. Monzo don’t so incoming international payments, and it is linked to other accounts at the same provider).

My previous partial switch was fine.

2 Likes

I believe it’s on for older customers but not newer ones. Unsure the exact criteria