COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Ahh, so that explains why it was “You’re a disgrace, you should quit” from the opposition and then washing machines/job centre/railway museum from Tories asking questions!

3 Likes

At least there is a mention that Chester would be eligible for support, as it is “based in Wales”

Yes usually the questions from the ruling party are like ‘My constinuency has just achieved this, will the PM join me in celebrating this amazing thing’ (que loud cheering). Occasionally a disgruntled backbencher might ask something like ‘will the PM help do something about x in my consintuency’ but I feel like they get a telling off from the whips after. Normally after the leader of the opposition ends their line of questioning the rest is local matters.

2 Likes

What I find incredible is that if he apologises and acknowledges he was there, why on Earth does an enquiry need to be done before he accepts some form of consequence?

To note I think an enquiry should happen; there’s more to this than just the Prime Minister, but there should be a consequence now he has admitted he was there.

2 Likes

I think he is somewhat optimistically hoping it fizzles out before the enquiry concludes. It’s a classic line. You set up an enquiry, so that you can keep saying ‘this is for the future enquiry results’. Then when the enquiry concludes, you can say ‘this is all in the past now’.

4 Likes

Seems Next have done something similar but not the same:

• Still paid in full if positive & unvaccinated
  • Paid SSP if unvaccinated and told to isolate
1 Like

Also, hot off the press - reduction in isolation period to 5 days:

1 Like

So, Boris is isolating because a “family member” has tested positive for covid.

Seeing as his own rules state that this is not necessary if you are vaccinated, is he

• A: Hiding from the public?

• B: Hasn’t really been jabbed at all?

• C: Actually following rules the he has managed to virtually ignore for the last (almost) 2 years. See quoted text below.

Johnson’s spokesman said: “The PM is following guidance to do daily tests and limit contact with others. The positive test was Wednesday, so the PM will continue in this guidance up until and including Tuesday of next week.

“In line with the guidance, he’s reducing contact. He’ll be working from No 10, doing daily tests and limiting contact with others both outside No 10 and indeed inside No 10 as well, having limited contact with others in the building, and conducting meetings online.”

Sorry Boris, but whatever the reason, those awkward questions are still going to be there when you do show your face again.

I mean, he once hid in a fridge to avoid talking to Piers Morgan, so…

5 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Can’t believe him when he whistles let alone anything else. There should be some consideration to returning the fines to those that got them for similar transgressions. R-

5 Likes

I vote for A.

2 Likes

I vote option a again.

2 Likes

The newest allegations - that there were parties while the Queen was in mourning, I think throw up some interesting comparisons.

The current government has warped out basic understanding of how leaders should operate so far that even the biggest and most obvious things become question marks.

I think whatever your view on the monarchy, and I say this as a strong anti-monarchist, watching the Queen mourn for her husband alone was heart breaking. And also, it was a symbol of what being a leader in society should look like - enduring the personal suffering alongside what’s expected of the people you lead.

Johnson just didn’t do that. He saw himself as above and beyond and devised strategies to hide or lie what he was up to. He expected (and still expects) the police around Downing Street to let him get away with things because of who he was. He didn’t feel the need for him or those around him to make the sacrifices others were making.

Politics aside he just isn’t respectable as a leader.

9 Likes

You just have to look at how he’s treated by both politicians and press in other countries to see this. The politicians don’t fall for his ‘charming antics’ and the press have no need to humour him.

2 Likes

He didn’t think the rules applied to him when he was a member of the Bullingdon Club, or when he was a journalist, or when he was Mayor of London, or when he was Foreign Secretary, or now he’s Prime Minister. And yet some people still vote for him in the expectation he might change.

2 Likes

As an avid player of Wiff Waff, I’m in camp BJ

Although, like the French, I do enjoy seeing a dinner table and grasping the opportunity to have dinner on it.

“Operation Save Big Dog”
“Operation Red meat”

Methinks Bojo is clutching at straws now.

2 Likes

I think he’ll face a leadership vote, but survive it

1 Like