Core App: Better payments

We need payee pictures 🥲

2 Likes

Any updates on payee pictures @robinb?

4 Likes

I think this had now been left for other projects.

3 Likes

Rather large Invite friends button has appeared for me on the Payments page. Takes you to the share sheet (iOS) to choose a contact. The link for the recipient takes them here. The button could be smaller imo as it makes the Favourites section cut off at the bottom of the screen.

5 Likes

I’ve just received the big invite thing too (after the :monzo: Android app updated to version 4.7.1 overnight):

Tapping on it shows this:

Tapping on ‘Share your invite’ then gives you a link URL in the format “🎉 You’re invited!

Likely to be the recent referrals introduction to the feature flags:

<boolean name="signup_referral_give_5_get_5_enabled" value="false" />

But what is the ‘5’ ? A hidden bonus of some kind after 5 successful referrals ???

EDIT: it’s a different flag that was enabled between app version 4.7.0 and 4.7.1:

<boolean name="signup_referrals_enabled" value="true" />
2 Likes

£5 for you and £5 for them

They used to do that

5 Likes

Yeah it’s ridiculously big on my iPhone XS. Really not necessary.

I know it’s for marketing so that’s what matters to Monzo above all else, but I genuinely only have one or two friends not on Monzo. And I’ve personally invited most of them who are.

So I really can’t invite any more, no matter how big and obtrusive the invite button is :mask:

2 Likes

Seems ok on an iPhone 13 Pro (with its bigger screen?)

Still taking up a lot of space, though. I wondered why my favourites had shifted down the screen this morning…

1 Like

Yes just noticed it appear.

That’s made me notice that it would be less bad for me if I didn’t have a joint account due to the extra move money option at the top…

@davidwalton the persecution continues :pensive:

3 Likes

I can’t believe they’ve added something to hopefully increase revenue/customers that means you have to look towards the bottom of the screen to see your favourites rather than just below the middle. It’s like they never even consider the hardship this will cause.

6 Likes

What if you don’t have any friends? :sob:

9 Likes

It needs to be removable or you can ex it out. To have that constantly there is such an eye sore

5 Likes

Surely nobody is making that many payments for it to be such an inconvenience.

2 Likes

I use that screen daily and now requires a scroll each time where as previously i didnt. I also get no additional benefit for having to do so, so i would call that an inconvenience

6 Likes

Who are you paying daily on a personal account :o

Usually its just my other accounts to be honest, i do alot of microsavings and i generally move those over to my marcus account quite regularly because monzo savings pots have no real interest on them.

Or other things like paying people for 5 a side wgich i do a couple times a week or paying other people back for things.

1 Like

Instead of scrolling more just do a more aggressive swipe/flick :muscle:

Awkk yeah its not the end of the world but its definitely not a nice experience so wanted to relay that feedback

2 Likes