Contradictary information from the Virgin Money live chat

Is the m plus account the savings account?

There is an M Plus Current Account and an M Plus Saver.

1 Like

This doesnā€™t just happen with banks

I donā€™t know, but theyā€™ve asked you to call, and youā€™ve given it 10 minutes then given up. Youā€™re spending more time seemingly to prove something to VM which, on balance, isnā€™t all that important.

If your ultimate goal is to get one over on VM about it not following its own procedures, crack on. If your goal is to get your account closed, CASS your current account away (which is dead simple and doesnā€™t involve you interacting with VM at all), and if VM doesnā€™t close the savings account automatically, call them.

Like Iā€™ve said multiple times now, I know it isnā€™t a big issue but I donā€™t think it is right for Virgin Money to ignore its own terms even for something as small as this. I donā€™t see why you seem so against me wanting to do something about this.

2 Likes

Crack on then but literally less than 0.1% are even bothered about it, thereā€™s worse things going on in the world then a savings account either getting shut or left over

1 Like

ā€œLike Iā€™ve said multiple times now, I know it isnā€™t a big issueā€. I donā€™t really care if most people arenā€™t bothered about it or donā€™t notice it. Iā€™m sure most people arenā€™t bothered about half of the things this forum talks about, yet people still talk about them none stop.

1 Like

Itā€™s big enough to create a thread about it on the forum of an unrelated bank and ask peopleā€™s advice; then continue banging the same drum, apparently

1 Like

At this point has VM actually failed to close the savings account, or is this still a hypothetical problem? I thought youā€™d given up after ten minutes on hold.

Iā€™m sorry but most of the posts on this forum are things that the vast majority of people donā€™t care about and frankly I donā€™t care about most of them but you know what? I donā€™t go around posts that I donā€™t care about saying just how much I donā€™t care about them. That is essentially what you and a few other users are doing. If you donā€™t care about this, then donā€™t look at the post.

Also, there are many posts on here that have nothing to do with Monzo and some that have nothing to do with banking but I donā€™t see you complaining in the comments of those posts.

The only reason I ā€œcontinue banging the same drumā€ is because a few users keep telling me repeatedly how little they care and how it isnā€™t a big issue. I, therefore, have to keep telling them that it really doesnā€™t matter if only a few people care and how I am aware it isnā€™t a big issue. Repetitive statements directed at me will result in repetitive responses from me.

And things can simultaneously be small issues, yet still something to draw oneā€™s attention to.

You wanted to raise an issue, fair. But instead of using an already existing topic (Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a VM feedback thread) you created a new one, and every time someone tried to offer a solution, you came back with the same questions about CASS and phones and whatnot. You need to ask VM why they donā€™t follow their T&Cs and itā€™s just the way of the world that sometimes you need to speak to a bank to get things done if youā€™re really bothered. Or write a letter as again, others have already suggested. Then thereā€™s no chat or phone or queue

2 Likes

You keep banging on about how the T&Cs say theyā€™ll close the savings account, but:

I then asked the question of whether people who have claimed their savings account wasnā€™t closed genuinely didnā€™t have that savingā€™s account closed, or was in the case that the linked savings account was closed and a bog-standard savings account was created (and funds moved) instead.

No-one answered that. And itā€™s kind of an important question, because the latter scenario is explicitly covered in the T&Cs.

I am so sorry to be such an inconvenience to this fantastic forum which has so many brilliant and useful posts that everyone absolutely loves with unique posts for every single topic.

Iā€™ll stop asking such pointless questions now just so you can stop replying to posts that you werenā€™t even interested in to begin with.

Much appreciated, enjoy your evening

1 Like