Contactless Ring

What about introducing a contactless ring?
Recently when I was at work, someone just paid through hand and was wearing a ring, I just enquired that how did you pay, he said contactless ring.
Seems a cool thing.

1 Like

Hey :wave:

I think you might want to check out Kerv :wink:

https://kerv.com/en/

Itā€™s likely what you saw your colleague paying with :tada::money_with_wings::smiley:

1 Like

What about a special monzo one?

2 Likes

Sounds nice! Not sure if itā€™s what Monzo are planning but I wouldnā€™t be complaining if Monzo, all of a sudden, launched a hot coral ring :wink:

It would be pretty cool hot (coral) :joy::hot_coral_heart:

What makes you want a Monzo specific one vs a Kerv? Just curious :smiley:

It would be like the first digital bank providing this facility, kerv is like more generic but monzo ring would be more special and a bigger brand.

2 Likes

Crosslinking with this thread is probably useful here, thereā€™s already been a bit of discussion around this kind of thing

1 Like

I guess the more we keep talking about it and keeping thread alive the more attention monzo will take . So please share your ideas here . Iā€™m not a rings guy but I guess others are .

I doubt thereā€™d be a special monzo one, but Iā€™ve seen Iā€™ve of these recently which connects to an app on the phone and can be programmed for anything from access control doors to bank accounts.

If anything, itā€™d just be permission to allow monzo to connect (probably through Apple/ Android Pay :joy:)

EDIT

This is the one I saw. Requires fingerprint to unlock it too, and remains unlocked until it is taken off

Itā€™s made me think if multiple account supported Monzo cards could be sent out with one of the cards designed to ā€˜clip outā€™ the chip as a ring.

It would then act as a ring sizer where the excess could be broken off for a comfortable payment ring solution, perhaps as a perk that could be offered to premium accounts.

1 Like

I really like the look of the K Ring.

They come in black or white with different interior colour options, so imagine a Monzo edition with hot coral on the inside. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Totally! :grin:

1 Like

New kid on the block. Still have to use it as a separate top-up account though. Come on Monzo get on board! This would be awesome!
https://mclear.com/

I hope Monzo do not get on board any time soon.

If for no other reason that this simply cannot be a priority, can it?

1 Like

Really see no point it this with the new contactless limits

2 Likes

That wonā€™t work as the contactless induction circuit is much bigger in a bank card.

I could be interested in this sort of thing if it worked like Curve, as a ā€œpass throughā€ type payment.

That seems the best value proposition - banks donā€™t each have to invest for a small user base, customers who want it Pay a nominal fee, works in a way that is seamless with your existing bank rather than a pre paid set up.

(Not sure if the recent link is one of those typesā€¦ but my 2c)

1 Like