Contact Photos

Yes…

Because that’s how I roll! :joy:

1 Like

Unfortunately on Android it only shows the first letter of the contacts first name, not their initials. This makes it really difficult to figure out who people are if you have two Monzo contacts with the same first name since last names aren’t shown unless you click the contact.

1 Like

Just had my friend join up to Monzo upload a picture and send me money. But the picture on my app on Android shows only her initials. Am I doing something wrong.

1 Like

Did Monzo update and it’s working now.

1 Like

I have a similar trouble, none of my contact images are syncing from contacts list. I have a load of icons with just the first initial as the icon. I would rather it be a photo, is there any way to add an image to contacts who don’t have monzo?

You can’t add custom images to any contact regardless of whether they have Monzo or not :slightly_frowning_face:

Not sure if it’s changed, but this was the last info we had on it (I haven’t checked how it works for a while).

I’ve just checked and on Android you can’t add custom images for your contacts. Not by default anyway, to my knowledge :slightly_frowning_face:

What I just found is if any of my contacts in Monzo change their pictures, the only way to see the new picture would be reinstalling the Monzo app. No amount of fiddling with disabling and enabling Payments with Friends back and forth would help.

So if you’d like to have a local picture of your Monzo contact instead of one pulled from them, ask them to delete their profile picture from Monzo app, reinstall your Monzo app, enable Payments with Friends and here you go. After that step, they’re free to put on any profile picture, you wouldn’t see it until the next reinstall of Monzo app.

Can you assign a payee to someone already in your phone contact list?