Company expenses

OK, I suppose then I didn’t realise the importance of categories in this sense are to split the spends as such, not just represent the “type” of the merchant per-se (which, BTW I wonder why you cannot, by default, use the Visa / MC “TCCs” which are broad categorisations of the MCCs?)… But then I see why they should be “personally” assigned…
I can relate this to the “money” applcations used for tracking budgets etc.
But I’d still then say that changing the category for one purchase from a particular merchant may not ALWAYS want to be reflected “forward” (and may not want to become the “default” for everybody)…
I struggle with “categories” for all sorts of things like transactions, emails etc. and would further suggest that a more flexible approach like GMail using “Tags” for each item could be a more flexible approach… An item could be tagged multiple times (and this may also then mean “Work Expense” could be one tag)…
But that could I see cause problems for any budget tracking (you don’t want to “double count” anything), but on the other hand may also be a way of having “different views” on the spending… I would see those tags as having some “own” personal adaptations, but supported by a “standard” set which would represent the broadly used groups (food, travel etc.) and be the default for a particular merchant…
Maybe this is stepping “away” from a KISS approach though. It’s difficult to “see the future” until it arrives :blush: