Community Logo & Thread Timelines

There’s obviously been some changes to the community overnight - I like the new blue theme.

But the :mondo: logo’s been replaced with Discourse’s. Edit - fixed already!

And there’s something strange going on with the sequence of posts

(Snapshot from this thread).

At first I thought that posts were loading with replies displayed but that recent post isn’t at the bottom of the thread too…

1 Like

I just noticed that and was confused. Wasn’t sure if it was only me that was seeing the mixed up timeline

1 Like

might be to do with @Naji merging different posts together?

1 Like

@walderston Yep! Just in the process of putting together a pinned post travel directory. The jumbled timeline is something to do with the timestamps on the threads, bear with me as i might have to re-jig a little bit!

2 Likes

No worries, it’s great to see that you’re doing a clean up!

Yup, looks like the latest Discourse update reset a few things. A couple of other sites I visit also had similar strange theme changes.

Jumbled timestamps are indeed a result of thread merges, the alternative of shuffling them all in time order is even weirder in the long term as you end up with multiple conversations in the same timeline and questionable linking between them.

In any case, great to see @Naji starting to organise this site better for new people coming in. Less of me having to remember every single relevant thread on the site to link to new users. :sweat_smile:

Making a start :slightly_smiling_face:! So basically the timestamp from the first post of each thread merged, resets to the time it was merged. The timestamp of all other posts within that thread remain the same and from what I’ve seen so far, in correct chronological order.

Not ideal I know, but moving forward, once the pinned travel directory is there we shouldn’t have any issues with duplicates and new threads for countries yet to be discussed can just be added to this. Apologies for the confusion, I should have given a little fore warning! Hope to save you guys a bit of keyboard time :yum: It should be ready to go in and hour or two so do let me know what you think!

3 Likes

I must say the new blue for highlighting new or updated posts kind of blends in with the rest of the colour scheme. The old red was much better at actually doing the job of highlighting things. I could scroll and see at a glance what I needed to check out.

2 Likes

I’m with @raysguy, the red was significantly better to me than this blue.

2 Likes

I have opinions on the colour red.

(This should come as no surprise to anybody who has met me irl and noted that I almost always wear a plain red T-shirt. :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Are you Tom Scott in disguise? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Many have asked but the answer is no! :cry: