Citymapper subscription service

Cynic coming in…

I’m guessing as I’m a Citymapper customer and not a TfL one, I can’t apply for Delay Refunds (Eligible if your journey takes 15 mins more than the average)…
However Citymapper will have all this data, and might even have a system that will automatically apply for these on mass. Therefore making some money back on the subsidy they’re providing.

It’ll also be interesting to see how many people end up not even using the subscription amount in fares, although I’m guessing this will be mostly taken up by commuters.

Ordered mine today, will give it a test drive and see if it works better.

Considering Zones 1-2 only is £31/week, it’ll work out better (£35.10 Contactless).

Will feedback

It works out the same over 52 weeks as getting a monthly card for 12 months too, so assuming you take a few weeks holiday a year out of London, you end up saving. Keen to find out how it actually works and if it’s sustainable.

Wheels in motion

Screenshot_20190304-201549__01

From the Citymapper Pass FAQ:

Will X and Y Pay be supported?

Yes, for our users that want a card-free Pass experience, we are going to support both, however this may not be ready for launch. We’re not supposed to mention who they are until we can, so you will just have to use your imagination

Wish Monzo could have shared something similar to keep everyone calm about Apple Pay this time last year!

1 Like

First day of testing :ok_hand:

2 Likes

So I’ve just seen that City Mapper have expanded their pass to Zones 3+4 as well now, which makes it more tempting for me certainly.

Anyone here a subscriber - in the nearly 9 months since it launched, how have you found it?

1 Like

Still forced to get central zones though (i.e. options are 1-2, 1-3, and 1-4) so not yet useful to those who don’t live or work in the centre.

Ah fair point - hadn’t quite picked up on that when I saw it.