City AM: Five fintech trends to watch in 2019

With two months of the year down already, City AM is giving is their fintech trends to watch in 2019:

I strongly agree with all of these apart from the paying with your face bit, which I can’t see having much if any traction outside Apple.

1 Like

tested letting people pay by smiling

Not very British eh? :wink:

3 Likes

Think you need to update this topic’s title, it currently says 2018 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, flux capacitor malfunctioned. Nothing to see here. :wink:

3 Likes

doc

I am looking forward to Open Banking actually taking off this year after a bit of a false start!

3 Likes

I really hope open banking does really kick off! I know a lot of people are worried about easier access to banking details but it’s a pain we need to push past.

Facebook changed how we view our own personal data and they made a ton of mistakes! (still do!) but they really have changed the way we approach data.

1 Like

We’re currently building our PISP APIs for Open Banking (the thing that lets a company initiate a transaction directly from your account, rather than through a card) and it’s pretty exciting to imagine all the cool stuff you can do with it!

In my mind, Open Banking is definitely going to be a revolution in the way finances have been managed over the last 20 years and I’m super excited to see where it goes :raised_hands:

We’re currently building out an American Express integration so you can see your Amex balance in our app. Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could recommend the best credit card for you, based on how you manage your money, and you could sign up to it directly through us with no hassle? :blush: That’s what I think would be cool anyway, whether it’s possible or even if people want it - I don’t know :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I really like the idea of having one central place to see all of my finances, even if I can’t manage or interact with it all, just having it in one location is a massive step forward!

1 Like