Choose what account details you share

I’d really like the option to choose what account details I share, when I go into account options and click SHARE ACCOUNT DETAILS.

Currently, there’s no choice available and I end up pasting a tonne of info my friends don’t want or need. 9 times out of 10, I just want to share my account number and sort code, and not my full name, bank address, or BIC number - useful when doing a monzo.me isn’t appropriate (i.e no value to assign, or just sharing for future reference)

What’s more, sharing your account number and sort code should be made easier - like a quick button under the Request money tab, where I always look first before remembering it’s under Account > Settings > Scroll down.

I know I can go to the same screen and long-press to copy those details to the clipboard, but I have to do it separately and when I tab to another app and back again I have to re-auth with my fingerprint.

Thanks guys,

2 Likes

If you need that a lot can’t you screen shot, crop so it’s just the details you want and then send that?

1 Like

Why not just use the inbuilt text correction/replacement function on your phone. Create a record for /monzo (or something else) that gets auto-corrected to your bank details. Then every time you need to send, all you need to do is type the shortcut and voila!

5 Likes

Hi!

Search ‘Welcome to Monzo’ in your feed and screenshot that page?

I like this option the best!

‘MyMonzo’ is soon gonna be my phrase. Thanks :raised_hands:

1 Like

A very good suggestion I didn’t think of! Cheers!

1 Like

Not sure what OS you are using Emma but on Android it blocks you from taking screenshots in the app. Regardless, cropping a screenshot sounds like even more effort.

Apple doesn’t allow an app to prevent screenshots from being taken but a lot of banks still disable it on Android since they can.

I noticed when I go to Account - Add Money - Click the share button. This only shares account name, number and sort code which might be more useful

3 Likes

Nice one Andrew - still not quite the first place I’d naturally look, I had no idea it was there! Good to know, cheers.

1 Like

We don’t automatically block screenshots on Android.

You can choose to block them or leave them enabled when you enable fingerprint :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @BethS, clearly I switched it on at some point then.

Regardless, sharing a screenshot is far less useful than selectable text.

For now, I’ve mapped ‘MyMonzo’ as a dictionary shortcut to automatically fill my bank details. Great solution @tbutz