Cheque Imaging 📱

That’s true, I’d forgotten that. Rather not wait 6 weeks. R-

1 Like

There going to be doing open banking payments this year as well

2 Likes

Wow, must admit I hadn’t noticed they don’t issue an IBAN! All my other accounts (including Revolut, Starling and even Monese!) have them so I didn’t realise Monzo don’t.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a proper one with Revolut. I’ve tried using that and companies can’t validate it.

2 Likes

Revolut is a bit of a special case, since the IBAN is totally separate to the U.K. domestic payment account details.

I assume this is because of the way Revolut is set up, where your account is actually “buckets” of different currencies linked to various different account details.

Revolut don’t have standalone “accounts” in the traditional sense, and the IBAN uses the equivalent sortcode of 00 which is reserved for IBANs only.

3 Likes

Anyone else keep dropping by this thread to see if there is an update but knowing full well it won’t ever get implemented?

You can vote for it at least now The Big 2022 Poll: Expectations and Wishes!

You could vote for it before. Its at the top of this topic.

2 Likes

The thread you keep linking isn’t for votes. It’s just for chat and wishes.

Sadly the ones you want don’t seem to have that much desire to get completed, despite the votes. Votes are largely meaningless.

6 Likes

I gave the sort code a quick check again in case they had joined the cheque clearance gang on the QT:

Until they join up I cannot imagine they would even begin to start any coding for the app and backend

TL;DR No

2 Likes

From what I remember back when Monzo staff last discussed it, the beginning of the process is to develop the back-end ready to plug-in to the ICS at a set integration window. These only occur a few times per year, and if you miss one you have to wait for the next opportunity.

There would then be a period of testing before developing the front-end and finally launching the feature.

1 Like

Ooh this just reminded me I have a cheque I need to cash. Off to my HSBC app now.

1 Like

I don’t even have Monzo and I just got excited :joy:

4 Likes

Cheque imaging is available in labs on the latest iOS TestFlight!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Is what I expect to see every time there is a badge on this topic :sob:

9 Likes

shakes fist in the air :wink:

3 Likes

On Monzo? Is it 1 April?

You need to click the wee arrow below that text to see the hidden spoiler… :wink:

5 Likes

Are we joking???

Of course!

1 Like

I’d really love cheque imagining

stop using cheques you idiot

Is what you actually see every time there is badge on this topic :joy:

2 Likes

is what happened here.

5 Likes