✅ Cheque Imaging 📱

:wave: Hi Everyone,

I’m excited to announce that all Monzo customers can now deposit cheques using the Monzo app! :rocket: Thank you for being patient as we slowly rolled out the feature :pray:. We were able to make a number of improvements to the feature during the slow rollout, including improving our image acceptance rate and updating our guidance to help customers take photos of their cheques :camera_flash:.

As always, our aim is to design features that are intuitive to use. But I wanted to include a “How it works” section here just in case:

1. Make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the Monzo app.
  2. You can deposit a cheque by tapping “+ Add Money”, then Tap “Other ways to add money”, then follow the instructions under the “Cheques” option.
  3. Take a photo of the front and back of your cheque; make sure you:
  • Place the cheque on a dark background
  • Hold your phone directly above, position the cheque inside the camera frame.
  • All 4 corners of the cheque are visible in the frame and it’s easy to read
  1. Select the account where you want the money to be paid into and the amount of the cheque
  2. Tap “Pay in cheque” to submit your cheque
  3. In the meantime hold onto the physical cheque until the money appears in your account, just in case we run into any issues
  4. Check out your activity feed to find out the latest status of your cheque

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to answer them :smile:

52 Likes