Changing password

When setting up the app, I used a not-sufficiently-secure password because I could remember it and assumed I could change it later. Unfortunately, I now can’t find where to do that. Is it possible, or am I just being stupid?

6 Likes

I requested this same feature yesterday. Can’t find anywhere to update password, e-mail or telephone. I think they are working on it :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Yep, we’re working on it! You can’t do it in the app at the moment securely - we can change it for you but you’ll have to tell us what you want.

2 Likes

Hmmm - did this one ever get fixed?
I was just looking today to change passwords for exactly the same reason, but failed dismally…

Monzo doesn’t have passwords :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You use a link sent to your email to log in to the app. Your 4 digit card PIN is required to transfer money out of your account.

Your PIN can be changed at most ATMs. And you can of course change your email account password. Id also recommend you use two factor authentication (2FA) on your email account.

3 Likes

I’ve lost my phone now I carnt use the phone app on my new phone I changed my email account cuz I carnt remember my password now I carnt confirm any payment I need tax my am car but I carnt any help plz

Unfortunately if they are asking for text or in app verification there’s no way round it

If you call the number on the back of your monzo card they’ll be able to change the email address for you

Thanks for the clarification

Hm, this thread should have auto-closed since it’s from 2016. Closing it now.