Change timing of card expiry warning

Today I got a warning my joint card will expire.

It actually expires on 31/08 so it’s nearly 3 months away!

If I follow the prompts to confirm my address the card will be with me in 2 business days it says.

This seems to have been designed to avoid issues but actually it causes more as no websites expect a card expiring in August to be replaced in June, so they don’t prompt for the replacement yet and payments simply fail.

I think the easiest would be to prompt for the address check later or at least change it so that check doesn’t automatically result in a card being sent. Post the card on the 1st of the month in which it expires and things should work fine :slight_smile:

I actually received the same email today.

I don’t think they’re going to send you one just yet - they just want you to check that your address is still current in the app?

1 Like

I’m 99% sure I’d you click through that it will start the card order process.

I had the same prompt on my personal account (vs joint this time) and my new card arrived a week later.

It’s not the end of the world coming early but random payments failed as I hadn’t updated the details or being prompted to BG the website.

Ah ok. I haven’t got through to checking mine yet because my phone is broken.

By getting your new card a few weeks later would your payments not fail regardless? I assume they’re not a direct debit because those shouldn’t be effected.

You don’t have to change anything, your current card will continue to work until expiry.

It does seem like a long time considering it’ll probably arrive 11 weeks before your card expires but I expect the data tells them it’s better to do it in advance.

1 Like

My current card expires at the end of Dec. I have got the notification in app to confirm my address for the new card.

If I do that, and a new card arrives…

•Will the old one work until the end of Dec AS LONG AS i don’t activate the new one? (Doesn’t it start the 30 day countdown as soon as I activate?)
•If I order the new card, does the old one immediately stop working on Apple Pay and I have to re-register using the new card?

Point #1
I can only guess but I’d imagine your old one will continue to work until the end of DEC providing you don’t activate your new one. I base this on the fact that if your card got lost or delayed in the post it would be no different.

Point #2
You can continue using Apple pay until your new card arrives. Once you activate it, you will need to re-add it to Apple Pay.

1 Like

Although I guess I could re-add to Apple Pay without the physical card, right? There’s an in app flow for doing that now, isn’t there.

My concern is: if the card arrives when I’m travelling, will I lose access to Apple Pay. Thinking this through, I’d assume not because: Apple Pay will work until end of Dec no matter what. And even then, I could just re-add it in app.

I think that’s correct.

As soon as I activated my new card it was updated in Apple Pay automatically no need to re-add.

Once you activate it, you will need to re-add it to Apple Pay.

The old card worked until I activated the new card. The 3 month prompt is to early imo

1 Like