Cash deposits onto UK Monzo card in US

Hi there. Can anyone help my daughter? She’s working on a summer camp in NH and wants to deposit her cash wages onto UK Monzo card - where can she do this please?

I’m guessing at this , but I don’t think it will be possible to deposit her dollar wages into her UK Monzo bank account - sorry

2 Likes

You need a UK address for a UK Monzo card - I’m guessing NH is New Hampshire?

1 Like

It’s around 2000 $ so she can’t wander around with the cash and needs to deposit so she can pay for travel online. I’m new to this chat thing and don’t know how to tag Monzo staff for help

Here you go:

@simonb

2 Likes

Yes she is just working on a US summer camp but she has UK home address and IK Monzo card. It’s just if or where she could go to deposit her cash wages

1 Like

@simonb might be able to help with advice , but I really dont think this would be possible the only thing I could think of was opening a US bank account , but then why would you ‘need’ Monzo , perhaps the people that gave her the cash could take it back and do an electronic bank transfer, but even that would involve exchange rates ???

1 Like

Unfortunately she already asked if they could arrange electronic transfer but they only pay in cash

So probably needs a US bank and then TransferWise to get it across to Monzo UK?

I don’t know enough about this so I’ll wait for the experts to chip in :wink:.

1 Like

can she do a Western Union transfer of the cash to a UK bank account ??? no idea about costs

https://www.westernunion.com/ie/en/agent-locator.html

3 Likes

Not sure, I’ll definitely pass on the info tho. Thanks for your help

@Jude29 Hey, It’s not currently possible to deposit cash to a UK Monzo account from outside the UK.

The best I can think of is to deposit to a US bank, then transfer the money (Transferwise is probably best, but there will be some fees applied).

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll pass these details on.
As she’s only working summer camp not sure opening bank a/c is option.
I suppose she could always buy a money gram/western union (as prev mentioned)

1 Like

Or find someone she trusts over there and pay :moneybag: into their account and for them to do the transfer?

3 Likes

Hadn’t thought of that - I’ll mention it to her as she has made some American friends now - thanks :+1:t2:

2 Likes

If she does an International Money Order at the US post office she will receive a check issued by the US Postal Service she can deposit into a UK bank account, although likely not Monzo.

She can also get a green dot prepaid card at CVS / Wal-Mart / Walgreens and top this up

CashApp is and alternative option which she can get a card with

3 Likes