Card issuer charge

Probably been asked many times, but are there any plans to ditch the “You card issuer may charge you for this transaction” screen? I assumed it was a thing associated with the pre paid card but it still persists on the full account?

1 Like

I suspect it’s because they’re not a member of the Link network so the ATM just doesn’t know if Monzo will charge or not? It would be nice if it could disappear.

2 Likes

This is completely normal for some ATMs for Visa and Mastercard transactions. Note it says may, not will.

That said, I believe Mastercard is going to ban this? At least for BIN ranges that request it.

3 Likes

This thread may help: Cash Machines

1 Like

Good news! ATMs should stop showing this message soon (some are already).

1 Like

I used my normal Note Machine ATM the other day and the message has gone from that :+1:

Just used a Santander machine today and the message is still there :frowning_face: I also think I may have cancelled it by mistake; no money emerged, leaving me puzzled.

Refunded immediately, though

I’ve had this in a Morrisons ATM recently. So seems its not been updated for wheoever runs Morrison atms?

1 Like

I used a NoteMachine today, nothing showed up

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.