Broadband: Which providers have the best deals?

Been with Hyperoptic for 2 years on 150mbps and was just offered 1gbps for £4 a month extra.
Never really thought ‘wish i had more than 150mbps’ so wondering it’s worth bothering.

1 Like

What are you currently paying at the moment for your 150Mbps?

Go for it. Granted, you’ll never use 1Gbps continuously, but for the few times you need it (iOS update, game downloads/updates, etc) it’s a nice addition.

2 Likes

£35 per month. So £39 (usually £60) per month for 1gbps.

1 Like

If you’re happy with the 150Mbps then it might be worth just sticking. HOWEVER, 1gbps for £39 is an absolute cracking deal!!! I’m £45 just now for 350Mbps so I’d definitely jump at that personally :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A couple of years ago when I first joined Hyperoptic I took 1Gbs it was great but not really worth the money because 150Mbs does all I need. We use internet a lot and on a lot of devices and have never felt being let down by 150mbs.

Also, you might wanna negotiate price a bit I am paying £23 for 150Mbs and I am in my 3rd year. Upon renewal I have always said that you’re offering better deals to new customers so please do the same for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also they are happy to switch you to one of the promotional offers earlier than the end of your contract - I extended my contract for a year about two months early as I liked the no-phone promotion they had (as I have 0 need for a landline, really)

If hyper optic were in my area I would definitely give them ago for those upload speeds. Virgin offer 3 m up for 50 m down. Peak time you’re lucky if you get 2. It’s rubbish. I usually use my 4G to upload photos.

Probably posted but £29 for 100mb + TV and phone on Virgin

Oh I have £50 off if anyone wants it.