BP Fuel unable to take card payments UK Wide

BP card processing has gone down and is currently running on cash only or in some cases closed fuel stations

3 Likes

Anyone care to adjust their position?

5 Likes

Most petrol stations have ATM’s so fingers crossed most people weren’t too stuck!

Knowing my luck I’d be super low on fuel too :joy:

1 Like

Time to phase out cars as well, clearly.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like it lasted particularly long. All back to normal now according to BPs Twitter.

A merchant who doesn’t know what they’re doing is not a reason to inconvenience myself with cash (unless they give a discount for the inconvenience) when I can just go to their competitor next door.

4 Likes

How would that work if it was the only petrol station for miles and you were running on fumes? :wink:

3 Likes

Use a cash machine nearby if I have no choice; but I still won’t carry cash all the time for once-in-a-year incidents like this.

BP might want to invest in some of this new technology:

Afaik if you couldn’t pay they were following the normal can’t pay procedure of capturing contact details and following up later.

2 Likes

Put the seat back and have a nap, life doesn’t always run soomthly :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wonder why those still exist and you can’t just write down the card number on a piece of paper. The risk of fraud would be exactly the same as with this antique machine.

1 Like

I guess it’s to minimise the chance of human error from writing it down wrong. I remember having to use them in Safeway back in the day when POS went down. Was great fun!

2 Likes