BOJO as pm

I’d rather CASS to Starling and never use Monzo again than have Boris as PM.
He is an absolute threat to this country and is interested in only one thing. Increasing his own wealth.

6 Likes

Just out of interest, what is that threat?

1 Like

Saw this retweeted by @tom the other day. :heart:

5 Likes

Then I’d suggest not falling into the trap that other fall into. Stop calling him Boris, and call him Johnson. Or use his full name; Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. That rather spears his ‘speaking for the people’ con.

2 Likes

If only we’d chosen chaos with Ed Miliband.

4 Likes

Can’t wait.

He would be a brilliant PM.

Absolutely! For too long Boris Johnson gets a free pass and gets excused because it’s ‘Boris’ — look at the scrutiny Gove has been under regarding cocaine use compared to Boris who has also (allegedly) admitted dabbling in the past.

No no no! He was about to try it, but then he sneezed instead. :wink:

1 Like

Lol! I’m genuinely not that bothered by the admissions of past drug use in itself, we’re all human. What does frustrate me is the different levels of scrutiny applied to each politician and so on. Particularly for anyone who is conservative at least, who take a hard line (no pun intended) on these things.

6 Likes

I like the way his team are referred to as ‘his handlers.’ As if he can’t be trusted.

In Gove’s case, his hypocrisy is more the issue than just the drug-taking.

1 Like

They’re trying their very best to keep him in a bunker I think until the end of July in case he (likely) pisses away his votes/support.

1 Like

Especially because, as Education Secretary, he brought in a lifetime ban for teachers who are caught taking cocaine!

1 Like

That’s just because he wanted it all for himself - can’t be letting others have it!

1 Like

Agreed, given his past ministerial positions (justice & edu). But the hypocrisy exists for all conservative politicians who fundamentally believe in regressive drug policy (in my opinion).

Fixed that for you.

I meant conservative (small c) but I guess you’re right. The only people who are actively discussing reform are the Lib Dems and Norman Lamb.

For me there is no one brilliant at the moment but o do believe BOJO can do a descent job I think he is one of the few out there that does listen to people and I feel he can be a strong leader too.
Cornyn is lost and always has been you can’t openly support the IRA then run for PM it’s just not right.
Lib dems have literally no backbone at the moment. Brexit party I think would end up being a little too far right in the end although i do think the conservatives have a job on there hands getting them voters back. The green party really only want to save the planet which as important as it is it’s not the best political stand point. And all the smaller independent party’s are to far out on the pariferals to be any threat to the bigger guys.

BOJO will do ok I think if he can get brexit back on track and get it through he will ultimately have done enough for most people for the short term, he can then work on the rest of what beds to happen.

1 Like

Anyone else in favour of changing this thread to ‘Boris Johnson’ versus ‘BOJO’ :wink: