Block Widget Displaying Balance

So going with the scenario where you’ve handed me your phone and left me unattended and the widget isn’t active.

Can I cheekily activate the widget quickly and sneak a peak without any auth?

Yes

Well that is a bit shit then. You have my vote.

The controls to enable/disable the widget should be from within the app only, with the default off.

1 Like

It won’t help them see any of my info, as the widget just shows ‘unable to load’ on mine !
Widget has never worked on my iPhone. lol

Just delete the widget

Not possible on iOS.

Oh ok

I mean I literary just deleted it :woman_shrugging:

Sure I can go to edit and add it again but if someone had my phone for long enough and their first thought was to add widgets then that’s just weird

Touch and hold the app icon…

And it does the wiggle and delete thing

Are you on iOS 13?

Try force touch if on an older OS

Not on 13, don’t have force touch

Can you turn that off cozthat seems to be the issue?

Nope. Not without disabling haptic touch system wide

Actually only force touch can be disabled, not haptic touch, so problem persists

So I’m fully with you that you should only be able to add widgets after providing auth from within the app.

That makes perfect sense regardless of how precious you are about someone seeing your balance.

However it does lead to more questions, like who are these trusted people you are happy to hand over
your phone to without you being present but wouldn’t want seeing your balance, and are cheeky enough to start dicking about with your phone enabling widgets without permission?

2 Likes

Sometimes a colleague needs to make a phone call or your niece wants to play angry birds. I may not want them to see my bank balance.

While I would discuss finances with my child, I do not want them being able to check my balance at will.

You don’t need to enable anything. Just hold the icon for 2 seconds and it appears.

Not that I’ve actually performed a scientific experiment, but I believe you’ll need some way of keeping the thumb warm.

3 Likes

I assume on iOS you get app pinning which locks them to just that app? Be it making a call or Angry Birds?

No, there is something called guided access, but my bank app should be secure.

What about swapping to Guest mode ?

From the lock screen swipe down and select Guest? Two seconds and they are sandboxed with only the apps you want them to access.