Bills in personal account

I have been with Monzo for a while now and just decided to transfer all my bills from TSB but I think I’ve made a mistake. All DD’s are now set up but in my personal Monzo account. I’ve used this account as my sub-account away from all bills and family stuff just for me and now I feel I’m going to be in a muddle spending from my bills money.

Is there any way to set up another account (already have joint acc with partner which we use for food/patrol etc so can’t use that). Or should I just cancel transfer?

Thanks

You can only have a personal account, a joint account, and a business account with Monzo.

You can only have one Personal Account. If your bills are all Direct Debits you can create a pot and pay them directly from there (so you keep your balance for spending and the bills separate).

Hi @Elaine30 :wave:

Welcome to the forums! We have a great feature that helps keep bill money, and spending money seperate, within your current account!

You can find out more information about that here!

This link ^ is the one you want. Bill pots are great, you can keep all your bills completely separate from spending (a bit like a second account)

Ah, phew. I had a panic there. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Set up a Bill Pot then you can click on the Direct Debit and set that bill to come out of the pot

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.