Balance displayed in Trends is incorrect

Issue
I have my Monzo account and pots, and a Halifax credit card and current account all displayed in Trends. The balances displayed displayed for each of these accounts individually doesn’t add up to the balance displayed for today in Trends.

From looking at each of the numbers, Trends is calculating my balance today using the balance on the Halifax current account before pending transactions. However, the balance displayed on the Halifax current account in Monzo, is the balance after pending transactions. Leading to the imbalance and Trends balance reporting that I have more money available than I do.

Details to reproduce:
Connect a Halifax (possibly any legacy bank) current account to Monzo. Display all accounts in Trends. Complete a debit card purchase on the legacy account. Check the balances displayed.

iOS 16.2

Device:
iPhone 11 Pro

App Version:
5.5.0 #868

This happened with me when I hooked up First Direct. It would show the cleared balance correctly in the card UI, but on the trend line it would take the balance including pending transactions.

I don’t know how it was fixed but @avb did reach out on the main trends thread, said they would investigate it and I guess fixed it in the background…

I can confirm the same with my Halifax credit card balance. The card says £51.13 in credit (includes latest pending transaction) whereas trends shows a credit balance of £95.82 which does not include the pending transaction…

The target balance and information seems to be ambiguous. It states I can spend £19 per day to stay within the Target but the balance on the graph moving forwards decreases by £16 per day. Anyone experience this or have an idea why?

@snowybadger @caribo can you take another look, is it fixed now? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I can spend £19 per day to stay within the Target but the balance on the graph moving forwards decreases by £16 per day. Anyone experience this or have an idea why?

@Doug_hboy are you above your target? If so you’d be able to spend more than the line

It is indeed fixed @avb ! I’m impressed with the quick response! :+1:t4: Many thanks

1 Like

Yes I’m above the line but the lower amount equates to what I’ve got to spend remaining from my target amount.

This reminds me of what I think is another bug in target

Sometimes scrubbing under the line shows I’m within target (which I’m not) and sometimes it corrects

Likewise @avb

I’ve just checked and all seems to be showing correctly now. Thanks for the quick response :smile:

Ive noticed a weird defect in the trends balance tab. When I look at my “total upcoming” a couple of tranasctions are showing twice namely nowtv payment and flex.

Using android app version 5.26.1

1 Like