Badges for Alpha, Beta and Investors

(Jolin) #62

It is sort of centred over the MasterCard logo (or maybe it is actually centred), but interesting/surprising that placement of the word ‘debit’ is not under Monzo’s control.

(Henry Pedro) #63

thats what i was thinking. seems rather odd. i guess mastercard have to distinguish that its a debit card, but to exert control over placement of the word debit is a little bit over-zealous imo

(Sean) #64

Fantastic and I would really love this :tada: as a really early adopter it would show that i have had some input into the build of Monzo :monzo: has become today and also having a little bragging rights is nice :wink:

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #65

On the current debit cards the ‘debit’ is over the logo so no idea why they changed it.

(Frank) #66

It also looks out of place because there is no card number. I think then you will not notice the placement as much.

(Chris Lavender) #67

I don’t mind it. As long as when publicly displayed, this could be made optional?

Also, are Leah, Ella, and Alex ok with the addresses displayed under thier names? I assume they’re fake!?

(Kieran McCann ) #68

I have a feeling they’re fake, I don’t think they’d be cool with their addresses online. :grin:

(🤦‍♂️ abofm.club 🤦‍♂️) #69

I believe they’re Monzo office addresses and a mixture of one of the team’s previous addresses.

(Alex Sherwood) #70

Thanks but they are fake, I’m not even a real investor :cry:

(Hugo Cornejo) #71

Those are not their real addresses + we always ask for confirmation before posting anything remotely personal. @alexs can confirm :slight_smile:

(Adam Hockley) #72

That’s sad news how come?

(Aaron Cattell) #73

Great idea. How do i invest?

(Kieran McCann ) #74

Unfortunately the last crowdfunding round just recently ended, this is how they managed to get thier full banking licence.

http://www.monzo.com/blog/2017/04/05/banking-licence

(Aaron Cattell) #75

thanks - will they have another round?

Not for at least 6 months I would have thought due to the fact every waking hour is being spent on the planned staggered roll out of the new current account

(Dan Warriner) #77

Maybe @hugo could shed some light on how the numbers/letters on the debit card may look?

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I’d like to know if the card number, name and expiry dates will be in a Monzo-esque font or will be in the standard, embossed format as most debit cards are.

Hugo should be the font of all knowledge on those matters

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #79

I imagine it might look something like this?

(Dan Warriner) #80

I was hoping it would. It looks so much better than the embossed numbers/names.

When ASDA point of sale terminals went down recently they fell back on putting embosed cards thru a manual machine with self carbonating NCR paper and rejected card payments from the few customers with non-embossed cards