Auto-Top up?

Would be cool if the card had the ability to automatically top up in whole pounds based off the transaction.

For example, I have £5 on my card, but the incoming transaction requires £9 be available, would be nice if it automatically topped my card up to £15, and if that is authorised, then authorise the £9 transaction so the whole transfer is done seamlessly.

Bit awkward sometimes when you go to use your Mondo card and have forgot to top it up :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Forgetting to top-up happens to me on a daily basis! I would love an auto-top up

You are totally right guys, thanks for the suggestion :slightly_smiling:

We don’t know yet if we’ll be able to build auto top-up (particularly tricky around Apple Pay) but what for sure we need to do is to give you better visibility when you’re running low on cash.

We’re putting a few things in place soon to improve that situation. The first step will be this notification (lovely illustrated by @Sam ) that hopefully would remind you to top up :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

Or if it can’t be done while a transaction is in progress, it could be like Oyster and auto-topping up when it drops below a defined threshold?

Yeah, that’s exactly what I mean by “auto” top-up. But in that case maybe Apple Pay can be a problem there, we don’t know for sure.

Regarding the question about loading funds while the payment is authorised. Well, apparently it would be really hard/impossible. The payment window will timeout before we can successfully load the funds :frowning:

Surely one of the easiest ways to solve this is to change the notification from “£3.52 at Waitrose. You’ve spent £22.86 today.” to “£3.52 at Waitrose. Your balance is £62.51”? I’d find that useful in any case!

Very good call. We have that designed and hopefully ready to roll soon (pending of proper copywriting) :slight_smile:

This will trigger only if your balance is under a threshold. Even though you can argue that the balance is always valuable information we don’t want to expose it on a notification, particularly when the number is big (the same way we won’t show your salary when you’ll get paid but a generic “Yeah, your February’s salary is in”).

5 Likes

I agree - I would prefer not to expose balances on notifications. Which begs the question on notifications in general: Could we - in the stable end product of the future- manage/opt out of the ones we do get?

Yes, at some point we’ll give you some degree of control over the kind of notifications you want to receive, but at least for now (99% of notifications are purchases) we want to keep it as simple as possible.

1 Like