Atom Bank Feedback

Hopefully not being bought by anyone who counts Trump among their friends.

4 Likes

Is this the best savings account In terms of rate and amount of money able to be stored?

No, that would be Chase @ 1.50%

1 Like

Or Virgin Money @ 1.56%. Or even higher at Zopa if you are prepared to give a bit of notice.

I didn’t include that as their criteria included “and amount of money able to be stored”.

Virgin interest is reduced dramatically after £25k

1 Like

At least in terms of not being environmentally detrimental

Well, I suppose it also depends on how much you’ve got to play with, and whether you pay any attention to the £85k FSCS limit, or any other personal principles or criteria one might have.

I wasn’t expecting the Spanish Inquisition…just pointing out a couple of other options. :smirk:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

4 Likes

Da da daaaa. People of a certain age? :grinning:

1 Like

Atom now seem to be offering a 6 month Fixed Saver for 2% AER. Multiple accounts to a total of £100k.

Other fixed time periods are also available.

1 Like

Don’t know if it’s due to the heat, but I can’t access the Atom app at the moment. Been like it for the past half hour. Anyone else have the same issues?

1 Like

No issues here.

1 Like

Must have been a glitch on my phone…it seems to be working for me now.

Okay now it’s down :joy:

You’re not alone.

I get same App Unavailable screen on launching app

This morning the Atom app is saying that my device doesn’t appear to be connected to the internet.

2 Likes

Ooh, so you can post on here without data or WiFi!

Clever :man_facepalming::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Apparently an issue with their “partner”. I did read something about data centres going tits-up in the heat yesterday…

1 Like

I love how quickly Atom are to react and increase their rate.

This only brings them up to Marcus now,

And I believe the base rate has leapfrogged both products now too.

Definitely feels like atom are playing rate match with Marcus.

We tried to remortgage with Atom recently and I have to say it was a pretty terrible experience. They gave us an offer in principle through our Broker, we accepted it, had to get the app on our phones, fill everything out. They took months to decide what if we could have an actual offer at all. In that time they scheduled and cancelled 4 property valuations before they finally made us an offer which was 60k under the principle and what we needed. The offer was also made without the mystery valuation. They would also never speak to us directly which was incredibly annoying, so every time they cancelled a valuation on the day, I could never find out why because they always said I had to speak to my broker but they were taking about 12 hours to update the broker. Thankfully Halifax were more than accommodating and made remortgaging our current deal with them ridiculously easy but Atoms time wasting left us having to accept a rate elsewhere 1.5% higher than it was at the time of first application.

4 Likes