ATM Withdrawals - Fee-free abroad over 30 days.. reset date?

Hi,
I’ve used my card abroad for the first time recently at an ATM in Kiev and can see how much is remaining on my fee-free allowance. When does the £200 allowance reset? Is it 30 days after you first use it then 30 days after you first use it after it resets each time thereafter?
Thx in advance…

Pretty sure it’s after your first use. Not by month.

It’s rolling so say you take out £100 on 10th then a further £100.on 20th you would only be allowed to take out £100 on 10th of next month

1 Like

Correct

Withdrawing £200 limit abroad: Do Monzo show you how much fee-free cash you have left to withdraw?

Example: Withdraw €120 then forget how much fee-free cash is left, is there a way to check in the app?

Yep.

Type ‘What are my limits’ into the help section, and follow the trail. You’ll find your up to date limit there.

1 Like

We are affected by this at the moment as are travelling through SE Asia, Asia, Australia and NZ and it is a PITA.

It would seem that a much simpler method would be (as I thought it was) that you could withdraw up to £200 fee free in any 30 day period.

The adopted system makes it very difficult to plan cash withdrawals when travelling for lengthy periods in different countries (as we are now.

The fee isn’t massive (but you are normally paying at both ends of the transaction) but it all mounts up over time.

I can see why it’s difficult for those who are away for an extended time. I guess it was designed for those just going on a holiday who’d want to withdraw some cash while they were away.

Too late for you now, but I think banks which have unlimited fee free foreign withdrawals are better suited for people on extended trips (or just multi destination trips, for that matter).