Are Monzo phasing out the Chat? (Moved from ‘new fees’ thread)

No Monzo purposely hid the chat as it’s being faded out

1 Like

No, it’s not being phased out.

No, it’s not being removed.

10 Likes

It’s not being faded out. It’s just being made harder to find to encourage self serve.

2 Likes

It was trending on another thread last week that it’s being faded out

1 Like

According to this community site it is

It isn’t.

3 Likes

People apparently used to call First Direct for a chat, which is odd and not really acceptable, but they didn’t start hiding their number. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s not. Monzo have said publicly on this forum that it’s not.

1 Like

How come multiple people was questioning it

You’re kidding! Where did you see that. I mean FD staff are nice, but a chat?

1 Like

I saw this mentioned some years ago, and was reminded of it by someone on the forum very recently (last week or so? Perhaps in the First Direct discussion?) that they used to call them every new year at midnight to wish them a happy new year. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

None of that is true. I’m not sure how many times you need to hear the same thing.

1 Like

I think people still do

1 Like

Kind of irrelevant what 10 people said if Monzo themselves said chat is not being phased out, two days ago.

3 Likes

Is it just me, or would it not have made more sense to merge these posts with this thread:

https://community.monzo.com/t/where-is-the-chat/104729/130

As that seems to be where most of the activity surrounding chat changes has taken place recently.

I’m pretty sure they won’t. They are an APP based bank account, removing the chat would be removing support.

Not sure where you heard it from but I’m pretty sure it’s not right.

If your in doubt ask Monzo via chat :joy:

Yes but also a customer loser lol :joy:

I don’t think so - the other thread is about Chat being very difficult to access for many customers - no one there has claimed Monzo are removing it afaik

1 Like

Probably. I just agreed with Alan to move it out of the other. I didn’t put too much thought into where to send it.

I could still merge them, of course.

3 Likes