Apple Pay - how has it changed things?

I use the Tesco pay plus app which removes the £30 limit :slight_smile:

U can use Google pay in the browser?

Yeah some websites support it, it’s much faster than punching in card numbers or even autofill.

Its pretty much the only way I use Google Pay

1 Like

I wonder if @cookywook is able to give some stats about the usage of Apple Pay since they released it?

4 Likes

I’ve started using Apple Pay a lot more recently!
Do find it too convenient at times though :sweat_smile:

It’s changed things dramatically for me.

I actually accidentally snapped my Monzo card while taking my jeans off once because it was loose in my jeans pocket due to me not needing a wallet for anything else.

I can now easily pay for anything with my watch, not needing to even go in my pocket for my phone or anything else, minimising the chances of anything extra in my pocket being lost (e.g. if a loose receipt accidentally came out—along with my physical card or wallet—and dropped on the floor without me noticing).

Being able to pay with my watch is especially useful if I need to pop in a shop to get a drink or something to eat either during or after a long run. I don’t need to carry or wear something on me that’s capable of holding a phone or a wallet.

And of course the best two features: 1) Being able to pay for any amount quickly and easily without having to enter a PIN; 2) Not having to worry about losing my bank card.

1 Like

As a woman who has to delve around in a handbag to retrieve a wallet, open it, find correct card, it’s often easier to pay with my iPhone which I may have in my hand anyway from walking around listening to podcasts (I’m a podcast obsessive).

Also several times I’ve popped out with just my phone only to remember on the way that I need to pick up milk or bread so it’s saved me a few unnecessary trips out.

1 Like

I had Apple Pay on my iPhone with a number of other banks, while I used it now & again it wasn’t very smooth to use as i had to get phone out & scan thumbprint etc which especially on the tube meant preparation required and I fell back to using my contactless card most of the time.

But I got an Apple watch last summer and Monzo launched apple pay shortly after, that really works for me now. I use it constantly for the tube as it’s much smoother.

I already never carry a wallet and just have a couple of cards in the small trouser pocket. But now I rarely use those beyond work ID card. However, it assumes you don’t run out of batteries on your phone/watch during the day so having a card as a fallback is still necessary.

I think the two cases I really appreciate this is when at festivals or doing watersports where I have my watch and don’t want anything else of value on me I could loose. (though you get the odd stand at festivals which are cash only but I just snob them).

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.